Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual
7 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

according to this chart , we along the east kent coast around to dover totally miss out !! unbelievable 

sounds very selfish , but if that is the case then I would sooner have spring on its way

Take no notice of this nonsense. 

You are just as likely to see snow as anyone else in the region 

I'ts got me down for zero snow too, but I'm not having it. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

All over it would seem then in a couple of days down here, today has been pointless here so far, flurries thats all.....blinking freezing rain now for the end of the week so no blizzards, Yuk.

The Northern half of our SE region that split from us this morning looks like its going to hog all the snow too, I may just have to go over there later and demand that they share the snow out fairly to us poor souls South of the Thames and M4, this could be an act of war if they don't give us some of that snow! Civil war I tell you!:crazy:

Posted

i've got a feeling that east and south sections of Kent coast will only get a dusting at best, the wind needs to be a little more north which ain't going to happen. might have to pack up the sledge again.

Edited by BOMBHEADS
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, buckets of the stuff!!!

Wind direction changed from ENE to NE now in Sittingbourne hopefully start to drag the good stuff down.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

People still commenting like the end of the week is a done deal... Hahaahah!!!! :rofl: silly silly 

done deal as in wet or done deal as in snowy? do we know? lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

People still commenting like the end of the week is a done deal... Hahaahah!!!! :rofl: silly silly 

Is everything modelling it north, or is it split, can't see models for now. Hopefully will have internet at home soon.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

More likely to turn milder here than stay cold, so in that respect, I’d say it’s a done deal. Our only hope is for the low to correct south, if not it’ll be a snow to rain event and then usher in milder air. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, CK1981 said:

More likely to turn milder here than stay cold, so in that respect, I’d say it’s a done deal. Our only hope is for the low to correct south, if not it’ll be a snow to rain event and then usher in milder air. 

There is still time for the low to correct south ... I have no idea whats going to happen.

GFS was keen on bringing the low further north than others due to the fact they had a deeper low pressure forecast I think.

GFS does not forecast lows hitting proper cold pools as well though I hear

Edited by Bryn Webster
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Bryn Webster said:

There is still time for the low to correct south ... I have no idea whats going to happen.

GFS was keen on bringing the low further north than others due to the fact they had a deeper low pressure forecast I think.

GFS does not forecast lows hitting proper cold pools as well though I hear

This is what I’m hoping for, corrections south.

The latest Met Office outlook seems to favour a return to average temperatures in the south, so that’s a new trend which cannot be discounted.

At the moment, after the next few days, the trend is not our friend.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

The sky turned dark and the wind started really gusting and had a 10 minute mini blizzard, the flakes blowing all over the place...don't know where they're landing but its not near me!!:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Storm That Lasts 3 Days
7 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

this is what I was trying to say two days ago mate :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Afternoon all,

Not long been back, from a little expedition to Chislehurst and Beckenham. Similar to reports this morning, the little dusting we had earlier, evaporated pretty quickly ,so conditions underfoot, were no problem. Had to pop to my GPs, in Chislehurst, then my wife and I, got a bus, to Beckenham. It snowed on and off, in both locations but hardly any settling of snow. Had lovely lunch, in Café Nero and some very welcome cappuccino, we were chilled to the bone, after walking around, for a while. My wife managed to buy her wicker storage baskets, which Sainsburys, in Beckenham, had kindly put by, for her. Now Colette's as "happy as Larry", bless her! Easily pleased, the wife! :)

I see there's talk of a possible Thames Streamer, tonight?. As reported above, seems the flow has turned more NE now, as we've lost the light snow showers, we had earlier.

Hope you all continue to enjoy your model and radar watching.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow
1 hour ago, Katrine Basso said:

Hello SnowSummer, it has been rather strange in South Ockendon with 3 or 4 light to moderate snowfalls where the sun came out and melts it.  I think the bigger falls will come here later on in the week.

Hi katrine. I really hope youre right. Ive let the last few weeks pass me by reading everything  thats been printed everywhere waiting for this. Even dreamt one night that i was pilling up my jumpers into shapes of omega blocks!!! ( look, you cant help what you dream can you? Lol)  oh well. Another night of no sleep and watching the street lamp it is then! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Left work at 2 and it was grainy snow falling. Home now with a nice cup of tea and its really coming down now. Nice covering in the garden. Tbh i wasn't expecting anything of significance today. So im happy to see this :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Off to Maidstone for uni 4-8, here’s hoping it hangs back for a while so I can get up Bluebell Hill!

Posted
2 minutes ago, turkishfella said:

this is what I was trying to say two days ago mate :(

It’s always been a risk, and still might go in our favour. We just want the low to correct south and not pull north and west (as some models are showing). Ideal track through the north of France, which would bring an all snow event as milder uppers will be kept to the south.

I know people will say ‘why look at the weekend when we have all this snow over the next few days’, but for many in the south we might not see a lot of snow from these streamers, so are relying on something decent at the weekend.

• Like 2