Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

1 hour ago, Ice-Bore said:

If you've got a window seat that's to the rear of the wings you'll see them doing your wing, at least until the hot fluid runs down over your window..!!

One runway closed for de-icing. Watched the de-icing and will have to do so again as the ‘window’ of it being useful is about to close! Drama...

Moderate snow again,its more than welcome to stop moving,and remain over my location for the rest of the day,I shall look after it,and offer the freezer for the night

18 minutes ago, paget said:

If we all go outside and suck really hard can we get this bit over to us!!?? 😳😉

A6921EBB-56B0-4EA4-91DB-D43BC2BD8397.png

Do not ask me why by OH had a question mark over that earlier. Yeah I now, sounds crazy but.....

16 minutes ago, wellington boot said:

Got another direct hit here in TN5 from some of the best stuff. 

Somethings never change.. Like going back in time :-) 

What a turnaround here, lovely. Gone to the pub to warm up.

0B87103F-C188-4932-9780-562BA5A09EE2.jpeg

4FCA146A-4924-4B4D-9B9C-2F6AC711BBCE.png

Still coming down here in farnham and heavier

6 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Moderate snow again,its more than welcome to stop moving,and remain over my location for the rest of the day,I shall look after it,and offer the freezer for the night

This is when if you haven't already knock a snowman together tight as you can.. He might still be there Tuesday...sorry for himself but a reminder of mad week :-) 

Very poor fall here in Kent are we going to get some proper stuff today ??

Seems to be stopping in Croydon now. Had hoped it’d stick around a bit longer. 

Right, Winter 18/19 you better pick this back up when you return. 

1 minute ago, snowfish1 said:

In West Kent it's been snowing continuously, and sometimes heavily, for several hours.... wish I could send it your way as my husband is currently stuck on a train....

I took a few pics on my drive back from my parents 

Screenshot_20180302-160530.thumb.png.fafb1da94c25b4354cf2c55526aebaf3.pngScreenshot_20180302-160522.thumb.png.814580a77a691e5d39947e685deacad5.pngScreenshot_20180302-160504.thumb.png.5791107586d8d513c12a1de057eae623.pngScreenshot_20180302-160453.thumb.png.996b99329cd981edbe6c0cbb15b1da5e.pngScreenshot_20180302-160439.thumb.png.88902d2b0cc2dfff90796c9e81ebc503.png

It’s pouring with snow here now especially when about 10/15mins ago it had stopped. 

Those north of London are lucky under that heavier and continuous band of snow. For the rest of us, mainly light and patchy snow which will continue to fragment.

Was nice to see a proper ‘beast from the east’.

Please pay us a visit again next Winter, but don’t feel you have to leave so quickly!

Edited by CK1981

Two posts directly above in contradiction. Anyone got a latest radar grab or gif? I've no access. Home Horley, currently in Sutton. Cheers. 

8 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Somethings never change.. Like going back in time :-) 

It is lovely coming back to our reliably snowy corner... and slipping into old radar watching routines... Remembered today that we got snowed in in 2005 on exactly the same day, March 2nd, by that surprise snow event. Again we hit the jackpot and ended with 7 inches and I didn't make it to school in Tonbridge for two days (was in last year at the time).

Problem was that there was next to nothing in Tonbridge (20 mins drive away), so my explanations were met with some raised eyebrows a couple of days later...

Don't know if you saw the photos I posted last night. If not, here are a couple again, taken earlier this week:
snow1.thumb.jpg.a5ef55161537c33eddd6140f6550b52c.jpgsnow3.thumb.jpg.ccfe66c571fe7a8033be542cf3ddf702.jpg

It's stopped now down in bexhill, I do want more but my boiler has packed in 😭 so can't wait for it to warm a little  

8 minutes ago, snowfish1 said:

Had the same light flurries in Southend....it seems to break up around this area, and then intensify again!

Still, we've had well over a foot of snow fall throughout the week, and still have 3-4in laying, so we've done fairly well I reckon!!!

3 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Those north of London are lucky under that heavier and continuous band of snow. For the rest of us, mainly light and patchy snow which will continue to fragment.

Was nice to see a proper ‘beast from the east’.

Please pay us a visit again next Winter, but don’t feel you have to leave so quickly!

Have had a good few hours of heavy snow here near Aldershot, so not done bad today.

Very fine snow here now can we ha e some heavy Thick