Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

1 minute ago, ajkwilson said:

Yes very ! having to go sevenoaks then taxi home to borough green . no trains to east Kent till tomorrow 

A25 to Borough Green going slow at moment, watching the traffic from my flat in Seal 

The band of snow appears to be fragmenting to the south of London, with an obvious clearance along the south coast. Apart from a few heavier bursts, I can’t see much more for this region today. It looks as though the front has made progress north a little faster than expected.

yay we got snow! about 1cm or so lol. still snowing but probably not much longer.

its like being on holiday, when it rains all week, then the sun comes out while you're packing to go home! lol

Anyone still up in London, Southwestern Railway pretty much running no trains out of Waterloo now.

If we all go outside and suck really hard can we get this bit over to us!!?? 😳😉

A6921EBB-56B0-4EA4-91DB-D43BC2BD8397.png

Edited by paget

25 minutes ago, Mac_SE said:

I should go and stand under it without my hat...

:rofl:Yes that sounds like it could be fun!:D

Still snowing moderately, looks lovely blowing in the wind and no melt going on or wetness around.

Defo will be snow drinks here tonight as we say goodbye to the last of our snow fun and games. In fact its a shame we are not all a bit closer in the SE threads, we could have all met up for sledging, then snow drinks, and finished off the night with a snow curry....Yum! I feel like I have spent this last week somewhere on the Alps.:yahoo::laugh:

2 minutes ago, paget said:

If we all go outside and suck really hard can we get this bit over to us!!?? 😳😉

A6921EBB-56B0-4EA4-91DB-D43BC2BD8397.png

Man,that would be epic

Will be looking forward to going out in it tomorrow as I’ve been stuck in all week! 

Better not have melted by then!! 

Got another direct hit here in TN5 from some of the best stuff. Snowed for the last three hours, at times heavily. All the lanes are fully white and fluffy again, and an inch or two added to the previous total, as hoped/expected. Looks like easing off soon now.

Not a major event, but lovely nonetheless.

A bit of a stressful journey home, but we made it! The freezing rain transitioned to snow at about 13:00, and has been light-moderate since then. I’d say we have a top up of about 1.5cm?

Started the day just above freezing here and after lunch thin powder snow started, but it has now turned into big fat snowflakes falling heavily. Hopefully this will be the last of it - I'm fed up with cold now!

Looking at NW radar the band keeps on coming out of Northern France(just by Lille) and track is North Westwards approximately.Looking at current speed i have at least another hour of moderate snow,maybe more so should have a good accumulation when it stops.Nice way to sign off this cold spell.

The radar shows it's invigorating in south Kent. Snowing quite heavily in Ashford

Just light snizzle/snow here in Southend. Going out with a whimper but it’s been great fun. So long winter 2017 😢

Latest update from Southeastern Railway, for those forum members facing the Friday night commute:

ℹ️IMPORTANT UPDATE 15:45ℹ️These routes are OPEN. If travelling on these: please go ASAP: 🚆Hastings Line / Ashf'd via Tonbdge 🚆Bexleyheath line 🚆Woolwich line 🚆Hayes line 🚆Victoria - Brom South 🚆ChX - Orpington 🚍 Buses (@TfL & @ArrivaKent) & 🚇Tube accepting tickets

I’ve measured 3cm of fresh new snow on bare altches which were blown! Still coming down very nice and more to come this has been a fantastic cold spell. :) 

Looks like Bromley here isn’t doing so badly after all it looks about 0.5cm in the last hour - can’t be sure how much longer we have looking at the radar

Covering the main roads near Croydon now, be a slow commute home for those working today

DF176EEF-AE31-48FC-965B-7B637EBEB7F6.thumb.jpeg.eb50d8b92a7444148598c254f38eef7c.jpeg

Paths are lethal where snow has blown off in the wind, sheet ice on them from this mornings  freezing rain, saw one chap fall over in the park, though now ice is being covered by snow

Edited by Nick F

Just back from work in town and impressed with the snowfall here in Merstham. 

Been a fun couple of days , but im at wembley tommorow so if it could stop now that would be great .. lol

1 minute ago, Allezwasps. said:

Been a fun couple of days , but im at wembley tommorow so if it could stop now that would be great .. lol

Yeah so am i lol!!.Hope the trains are ok for tomorrow.

The Beast is waving us goodbye...lovely last snow event unfolding for all....Off home from work now, don't fancy this. Stay safe all.