Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Posted

One last blast from the beast!

Never the depth of snow here but some lovely suprises/streamers/snow days/filthy wind.. and today freezing rain!!! It' been very entertaining indeed.

See you again next year!!!????

• Like 4
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 8.2k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Some photos from the last couple of days. Near Bewl Water in East Sussex.

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Snow slowing now. Was nice to see. Birds are back singing again so I guess that be it for us. Glad everyone is getting something out of this ☺

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
    6 minutes ago, John Michael How said:

Tell me about it I've got to drive from slough past your end to Kent and dreading it lol only time you'l here me say that about snow! I'll love it again once I make it home?

Drive safe and best of luck! Crazy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Last 10mins intensity at Locksbottom really picked up.Everything now covered and hopefully still another couple hours of it:yahoo:

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Seems pretty much all trains to Kent are screwed ?

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter. Storms in Summer

Looks like freezing rain just approaching the coast from the south according to the radar... loads of green !

Edited by TN26
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Well I have to say I have really enjoyed this cold spell , it’s dropped a fair bit of snow here ( can never be enough though ) we have seen some bitter winds and such low temperatures .Im happy !! Thanks to all you lovely people in this thread , now I’m off to enjoy spring and summer , see you all when the cold and snow comes back ?

• Like 5
    Posted

Moderate to heavy again. Small flakes but coming down at a real rate. Another cm or two added. Chartham near Canterbury

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Seems to have a touch of sleet in it? unless it's so fine it just seems that way.(Boxley)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

About another inch here so far, my motorbike is feeling unloved being stuck in the garage this week and thinks i'm going to divorce it and buy a car!

Edited by anything-but
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring
    1 minute ago, ajkwilson said:

Yes very ! having to go sevenoaks then taxi home to borough green . no trains to east Kent till tomorrow 

A25 to Borough Green going slow at moment, watching the traffic from my flat in Seal 

• Like 2
    Posted

The band of snow appears to be fragmenting to the south of London, with an obvious clearance along the south coast. Apart from a few heavier bursts, I can’t see much more for this region today. It looks as though the front has made progress north a little faster than expected.

Posted

yay we got snow! about 1cm or so lol. still snowing but probably not much longer.

its like being on holiday, when it rains all week, then the sun comes out while you're packing to go home! lol

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Anyone still up in London, Southwestern Railway pretty much running no trains out of Waterloo now.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

If we all go outside and suck really hard can we get this bit over to us!!?? ??

A6921EBB-56B0-4EA4-91DB-D43BC2BD8397.png

Edited by paget
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
    25 minutes ago, Mac_SE said:

I should go and stand under it without my hat...

:rofl:Yes that sounds like it could be fun!:D

Still snowing moderately, looks lovely blowing in the wind and no melt going on or wetness around.

Defo will be snow drinks here tonight as we say goodbye to the last of our snow fun and games. In fact its a shame we are not all a bit closer in the SE threads, we could have all met up for sledging, then snow drinks, and finished off the night with a snow curry....Yum! I feel like I have spent this last week somewhere on the Alps.:yahoo::laugh:

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
    2 minutes ago, paget said:

If we all go outside and suck really hard can we get this bit over to us!!?? ??

A6921EBB-56B0-4EA4-91DB-D43BC2BD8397.png

Man,that would be epic

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Will be looking forward to going out in it tomorrow as I’ve been stuck in all week! 

Better not have melted by then!! 

Posted

Got another direct hit here in TN5 from some of the best stuff. Snowed for the last three hours, at times heavily. All the lanes are fully white and fluffy again, and an inch or two added to the previous total, as hoped/expected. Looks like easing off soon now.

Not a major event, but lovely nonetheless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow
    27 minutes ago, Lauren said:

What stations are they?

Lee, Mottingham, Eltham, Sidcup, Bexley, Crayford And Dartford

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and winter storms

A bit of a stressful journey home, but we made it! The freezing rain transitioned to snow at about 13:00, and has been light-moderate since then. I’d say we have a top up of about 1.5cm?

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Started the day just above freezing here and after lunch thin powder snow started, but it has now turned into big fat snowflakes falling heavily. Hopefully this will be the last of it - I'm fed up with cold now!