Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Recommended Posts

Some of the heaviest snow we have had this week at present - very unexpected and lovely to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

Snow is coming down nicely in Reigate covering all surfaces - would expect the same even in Horley!

I hope so GP. Have a great view of incoming snow from high up in Sutton here but just want one morning - one - to take the nippers out on a sledge tomorrow morning. Neither of them have ever seen any substantial snow (2013 doesn't count, they were too little to remember!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And 200 miles to our SW in Paris it is a balmy 8 degrees :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Us in the South East could do with it stalling, seems to be going through fairly quickly. I would imagine those North London to Midlands will be Happy as I think that'l be the jackpot zone.

Agree with that. Has been an exceptional cold spell but nothing snow-wise compared to the totals we got here in '87 (12") and '91 (7") or the intensity. Even Feb '09 was deeper although didn't last nearly as long. But not complaining, just an observation :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, seb said:

And 200 miles to our SW in Paris it is a balmy 8 degrees :)

After this week, that'll be flip flop weather to us :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TN9 said:

See what I mean.. Paddock wood.. And you in sevenoaks.. I'm right in between.. If band of snow is moving nne and heavier snow in that band is moving NW how have I not got it.. Unless my heavy is not yours :nonono::nea::pardon:

It could be mine is not heavy as what you would think, but it sort of happens in bursts heavy then fine snow then heavy again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy snow here in Holmbury St Mary now for getting on for 2 hours, certainly getting on for a couple of inches now. Best it’s been all week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to note the back edge seems to have slowed right down, some models did suggest the system may grind to a halt and that maybe is what happening.

Still lightly snowing here but that is good news for you guys further north.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

I hope so GP. Have a great view of incoming snow from high up in Sutton here but just want one morning - one - to take the nippers out on a sledge tomorrow morning. Neither of them have ever seen any substantial snow (2013 doesn't count, they were too little to remember!)

We were sledging on ice and mud earlier!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Interesting to note the back edge seems to have slowed right down, some models did suggest the system may grind to a halt and that maybe is what happening.

Still lightly snowing here but that is good news for you guys further north.

If that is the case then do you think heavier stuff will just be delayed for some of us? I’m in Southend, only a moderate fall of snow pellets at the moment really. Hoping that into the evening it might get heavier, more persistent and bigger flakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Propper powder snow here and heavy, I can't believe it. Settling everywhere on the old stuff and filling any bald patches too.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Epsom. Moderate snow right now.

20180302_145911.jpg

Lovely to see my old home town getting a good sprinkling ☺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy snow here in Godalming for the last couple of hours, looks beautiful best we have had all week! 🙂

IMG_20180302_151208_1.jpg

Edited by PhilM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Propper powder snow here and heavy, I can't believe it. Settling everywhere on the old stuff and filling any bald patches too.:D

I should go and stand under it without my hat...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, seb said:

And 200 miles to our SW in Paris it is a balmy 8 degrees :)

Yep, that’s heading towards us, so enjoy the snow while it lasts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

snowing ooop norf but that's probably because we are closer to the arctic than you lot:p:whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy best snow so far 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Whereisthesnow? said:

Anyone trying to use Sidcup line - line has been suspended until further notice

What stations are they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Interesting to note the back edge seems to have slowed right down, some models did suggest the system may grind to a halt and that maybe is what happening.

Still lightly snowing here but that is good news for you guys further north.

 

Good observation. Hope it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lauren said:

What stations are they?

Mottingham, New Eltham etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ThamesStreamer said:

If that is the case then do you think heavier stuff will just be delayed for some of us? I’m in Southend, only a moderate fall of snow pellets at the moment really. Hoping that into the evening it might get heavier, more persistent and bigger flakes.

Been watching the radar.....seems to build up once its gone past us, but isnt building up before us....yet anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

Crazy best snow so far 

Accumulated very quickly! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...