Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

17 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

Just logged in, haven't read any posts. Said I'd re-post this winter only in the event of a snowy Friday, hence here I am! Very snowy and blustery Sutton, Surrey, right now. 

Snow is coming down nicely in Reigate covering all surfaces - would expect the same even in Horley!

• Like 1
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Some photos from the last couple of days. Near Bewl Water in East Sussex.

Posted Images

Just now, tomp456 said:

After a good covering of snow it has now stopped. 

Radar has gone back to showing pink but nothing falling from sky. 

Begging for one last round. 

Glad for you, a mega snow watcher and snow pleader, getting some. 

5 minutes ago, WeatherMoose said:

About half a cm in worthing but my College has closed early ?

Closing early because of 0.5 cms of snow? 

Elf n safety gon' mad

A lovely snowy scene here in Crawley, been pretty heavy for a good half an hour with light snow for an hour before that.

Not sure how long it's due to last but a nice way for this cold spell to end! :)

11 minutes ago, Oaks said:

Heavy here in Sevenoaks

See what I mean.. Paddock wood.. And you in sevenoaks.. I'm right in between.. If band of snow is moving nne and heavier snow in that band is moving NW how have I not got it.. Unless my heavy is not yours :nonono::nea::pardon:

Edited by TN9
Movement of front

Reckon i have about 2 hrs more snow.Had about 0.5cm so far and if forecasts are right then would hope for another 2-3cms here.Radar does seem to show heavir precipitation North of Thames so Herts,Bucks and Beds will do better with 5-10cms being a fair estimate imho.

The good thing i would say is the vast majority of SE will hopefully have a covering from this last event when in previous 5 days it has been a real "hit or miss" event

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

Snow is coming down nicely in Reigate covering all surfaces - would expect the same even in Horley!

I hope so GP. Have a great view of incoming snow from high up in Sutton here but just want one morning - one - to take the nippers out on a sledge tomorrow morning. Neither of them have ever seen any substantial snow (2013 doesn't count, they were too little to remember!)

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Us in the South East could do with it stalling, seems to be going through fairly quickly. I would imagine those North London to Midlands will be Happy as I think that'l be the jackpot zone.

Agree with that. Has been an exceptional cold spell but nothing snow-wise compared to the totals we got here in '87 (12") and '91 (7") or the intensity. Even Feb '09 was deeper although didn't last nearly as long. But not complaining, just an observation :D

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, TN9 said:

See what I mean.. Paddock wood.. And you in sevenoaks.. I'm right in between.. If band of snow is moving nne and heavier snow in that band is moving NW how have I not got it.. Unless my heavy is not yours :nonono::nea::pardon:

It could be mine is not heavy as what you would think, but it sort of happens in bursts heavy then fine snow then heavy again 

• Like 1

Interesting to note the back edge seems to have slowed right down, some models did suggest the system may grind to a halt and that maybe is what happening.

Still lightly snowing here but that is good news for you guys further north.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

I hope so GP. Have a great view of incoming snow from high up in Sutton here but just want one morning - one - to take the nippers out on a sledge tomorrow morning. Neither of them have ever seen any substantial snow (2013 doesn't count, they were too little to remember!)

We were sledging on ice and mud earlier!

1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Interesting to note the back edge seems to have slowed right down, some models did suggest the system may grind to a halt and that maybe is what happening.

Still lightly snowing here but that is good news for you guys further north.

If that is the case then do you think heavier stuff will just be delayed for some of us? I’m in Southend, only a moderate fall of snow pellets at the moment really. Hoping that into the evening it might get heavier, more persistent and bigger flakes.

• Like 1