Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

26 minutes ago, FlightlessWings said:

Thanks for the info - the snow is coming down (well sideways) here right now. Interested to see them de-ice it. 

If you've got a window seat that's to the rear of the wings you'll see them doing your wing, at least until the hot fluid runs down over your window..!!

About half a cm in worthing but my College has closed early 😂

3 minutes ago, Thinon said:

I'm near Oxford Street and it's snowing quite heavy, large flakes. All surfaces covered.

Yeah its started moderate again heavy over the last ten minutes though its gone light again now

Lovely ending  to this cold spell here in Ninfield. Thank you all for your company this last week!!

Getting going now in greenhithe.....moderate snow

7 minutes ago, The BEAST From The East said:

Heavy snow in Paddock wood now. ❄❄❄

I'm just NE of you so I will expect that soon... But knowing here lol... It will find a way of being lighter and for not as long:sorry:

Snowing in Charlwood!

17 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

Just logged in, haven't read any posts. Said I'd re-post this winter only in the event of a snowy Friday, hence here I am! Very snowy and blustery Sutton, Surrey, right now. 

Snow is coming down nicely in Reigate covering all surfaces - would expect the same even in Horley!

After a good covering of snow it has now stopped. 

Radar has gone back to showing pink but nothing falling from sky. I think staring at a lamp post is more useful than watching radar in these situations! 

Begging for one last round. 

Edited by tomp456

Very heavy snow developing across the north of London now, pretty much where I expected it to be.

Edited by CK1981

Just now, tomp456 said:

After a good covering of snow it has now stopped. 

Radar has gone back to showing pink but nothing falling from sky. 

Begging for one last round. 

Glad for you, a mega snow watcher and snow pleader, getting some. 

5 minutes ago, WeatherMoose said:

About half a cm in worthing but my College has closed early 😂

Closing early because of 0.5 cms of snow? 

Elf n safety gon' mad

Us in the South East could do with it stalling, seems to be going through fairly quickly. I would imagine those North London to Midlands will be Happy as I think that'l be the jackpot zone.

A lovely snowy scene here in Crawley, been pretty heavy for a good half an hour with light snow for an hour before that.

Not sure how long it's due to last but a nice way for this cold spell to end! :)

Lovely stuff,but it is moving through rapidly

Latest pictures

Screenshot_20180302-145014.thumb.png.8a40efb36236a2e08590e56885d7f049.pngScreenshot_20180302-145105.thumb.png.fd3a99e6fd69147d5cf7834900c5fb22.png

11 minutes ago, Oaks said:

Heavy here in Sevenoaks

See what I mean.. Paddock wood.. And you in sevenoaks.. I'm right in between.. If band of snow is moving nne and heavier snow in that band is moving NW how have I not got it.. Unless my heavy is not yours :nonono::nea::pardon:

Edited by TN9
Movement of front

Reckon i have about 2 hrs more snow.Had about 0.5cm so far and if forecasts are right then would hope for another 2-3cms here.Radar does seem to show heavir precipitation North of Thames so Herts,Bucks and Beds will do better with 5-10cms being a fair estimate imho.

The good thing i would say is the vast majority of SE will hopefully have a covering from this last event when in previous 5 days it has been a real "hit or miss" event