Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Is there more behind that blob in the channel to come over ? 

A cm of ice accumulation up here at blue bell hill 

A35BA845-7DA5-49AE-AB05-801E0C8DBDFD.jpeg

CA1F7878-18E7-400F-AD5A-18F4B937EB39.jpeg

CF2FB1B7-78D7-447D-AC8C-9E822D5CF581.jpeg

Lots of small snow pellets falling in Old Windsor now with the heavier stuff passing to our west.

Edited by prolongedSnowLover

Well that was an interesting morning, rain, freezing rain, sleet and now snow. Was let out of work early due to having to travel home. As I came off the M20 J9 the snow started and its laying already.

Moderate fine snow for about 10 mins in Littlehampton, just about covering everything.

Just now, turkishfella said:

It started settling again here in Brighton 

4734B661-7ABF-469D-AA28-B48B3BB39653.jpeg

Crikey, how tall are you :rofl:

Light to moderate snow now in Tunbridge Wells, settling immediately on pavements.

Snowing here now, quite heavy. Settling, but will it last longer than the usual 10 minutes?

Edited by stainesbloke

10 minutes ago, Cat Clark said:

Getting bigger by the frame 

56BE5B91-4F19-44D8-89D6-70BD185DEB7F.png

2D8D7350-4FC8-4D20-9030-E150971554D0.png

10 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

That Channel is doing it's best to try and take some of the intensity out of it though, it's like the White Cliffs are trying it's best to hold back the intensity :D

Succeeding admirably here though, as I speak, it’s trying to snow again in Hailsham.

Snow back to light as the heavier burst moves away into N.Hampshire, was very nice to see.

I suspect there will probably be one more moderate burst on the back end of the front and then that will probably be it for snow here.

Far south looking good for the next hour as the heavier stuff finally comes inland.

Absolutely hammering with snow in Hook Heath near Woking

Edited by West is Best

Snoowing here in Hove...thin dusting of everything again...looks like it will be over in a jiffy judging by radar.

I think thats winters farewell leaving present..back to mild and wet here as early as tomorrow.

Looking forward to warmer and hopefully drier weather...had my fill of cold and snow.

Got a feeling winter 2018/2019 is going to be a special one...altho to be fair those in the SW, NE, West Scotland, Wales and Ireland have had an event that will be spoken about for years.

May e next winter will be our turn

Snowing lightly here ❄❄❄❄

Starting to turn here finally. Freezing drizzle is horrible stuff. Not a fan. 

Crazy week. Such high expectations but nearly always in the wrong place for the prolonged heavy falls. That said, it’s been wonderfully cold, ice days, icicles, snowed 5 days in a row and a surprise fall on weds night. Depth of snow was disappointing. Only managed 2inches which is surprising as it snowed for 5/6hrs weds and for a majority of yesterday, but that either thawed, blew around or that other term I’ve forgotten (sublimation?)

my hunger for a foot of snow will have to wait till next winter now. I can only dream of experiencing what 40+cms is like. 

Snowing in worthing. Still quite powdery but it's settling

3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Snowing here now, quite heavy. Settling, but will it last longer than the usual 10 minutes?

There should be continuous light to moderate snow over the Thames valley including us but the heavier stuff seems to be over the hills.

Just now, prolongedSnowLover said:

There should be continuous light to moderate snow over the Thames valley including us but the heavier stuff seems to be over the hills.

Already dying off here, managed a whole 5 minutes!!

8 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Crikey, how tall are you :rofl:

hahahahah, from office window mate :) I am 6.1"

3 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Snowing lightly here ❄❄❄❄

Coming down fairly decently here - it’s on its way to you!

Continuing to snow heavily here in Farnham, looking at the blob I didn’t expect it to last so long! 😉

3 minutes ago, WeatherMoose said:

Snowing in worthing. Still quite powdery but it's settling

Finally, glad you got some.

At the Heathrow waiting to get on my flight but not the one I booked originally. The lady at check in said that the plane may need de-icing - it would be amazing to see that happen! No windows where I am - anyone near Heathrow - is there any snow nearby? 

It's finally starting to snow.. We've had frozen rain all morning - that sh*t is lethal