Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, James Gold said:

Slightly worried by earlier posts it looks like West Kent, SE London sort of area might miss out on much, in between Surrey and East Kent’s heavier stuff. Can anyone back this up?

Should be fine, there is a mass in the channel that is incoming for you guys. May end up having less than areas further west but you'll get some I'm pretty sure!

• Like 3

Just trying to work out what time that lot should get to me here in Boxley (Maidstone), need to pop out for an hour or so but don't want to get caught out if it starts snowing heavy....real dilemma 

5 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yep and there is some more decent stuff coming up from the south as well, currently got mod-heavy snow falling here and everything that had been 'desnowed' is now being covered again. Probably about 1cm of fresh snow thus far.

Yep that band approaching Brighton should be heading this way

2 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Just trying to work out what time that lot should get to me here in Boxley (Maidstone), need to pop out for an hour or so but don't want to get caught out if it starts snowing heavy....real dilemma 

Just seen a few flakes and I'm near jct 7 M20. All falling on a thick sheet of ice.

38 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

I still think the sweet spot for today will be in a line through Oxfordshire, Bucks, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and into East Anglia. I think areas around London and to the south will see snow, but not as much.

I hope to be proved wrong!

I hope to see more .. I'm in Bucks ?

Ashford, Kent TN23

Light snow. Briefly 2/10, now 1/10.  Covering instantly due to earlier frizzle.  dusting on cars and paths already.  Interesting.  

Looking at charts, radar, all sorts and really do not know what to make of it.   Was going to take a trip to the pub to think it over! 

Edited by Big Dave
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

mixture of freezing rain and a few snowflakes atm here in locksbottom.Temp risen in last hour from -1.8 to -1.3.Think as others have said transition to snow about 2pm.the band of snow is fairly narrow and think it will give about 3-4 hours steady snowfall with 2-5cm as a general rule but hillier areas could get a little more.Think Chilterns are in prime spot for this one with upto 10cms possible.

I love the snow but being a self employed gardener i can live with it for a week but like other self employed people,anymore time than that it starts to have negative financial implications so i would like everything to be green come monday morning.I would like to thank everyone on this forum during this cold spell for sending pics and reports of snow depths etc and sharing so many great memories that snow brings-I know it brings the kid out in us but nowt wrong with that:D 

Indeed,I run my own taxi company,just me,not worked much over the last few day's,thought about going out today,but the freezing rain,and now snow have put the skids on that,for an imby perspective,i've not had alot,prob 2cms at best,which melted mon,to be replaced on tuesday with virtually the same amount,but places a couple of miles either side have been plastered,didn't fancy some numpty wiping me out,hopefully 1 last decent event today,then a return to normality

4 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

That Channel is doing it's best to try and take some of the intensity out of it though, it's like the White Cliffs are trying it's best to hold back the intensity :D

Tell me about it we are just turning white now - folkestone ?

• Like 2