Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Proper raining now, and many other SE locations, temps still -1 to -2C, not good, Met O yellow warning suffice? Hmmm ....

• Like 2
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Nick F said:

Proper raining now, and many other SE locations, temps still -1 to -2C, not good, Met O yellow warning suffice? Hmmm ....

What do you mean by the warning bit Nick ??

7 minutes ago, Mark Bayley said:

Work has just been informed to send people home early. Train operating companies (Southern, Thames link etc..) warning of disruption and early closure due to freezing rain (it's freezing the point systems)

Have just seen this on Southeastern's Twitter feed: 

SERVICE UPDATE 12:00 ⚠️ Do not attempt to travel across East Kent at the moment, a large amount of ice has built up affecting the power supply and we cannot run trains between Swanley & Ramsgate, Ashford & Ramsgate via Dover or Canterbury and Otford to Ashford #uksnow

Well that was fun.... had a decent snow flurry about 15 minutes ago, heaviest snow fall of the week, even began to settle. 

Gone now!

Hope that is a sign on things to come for this afternoon! 

Though looking at the radar, this lot of rain/snow is keeping with the theme of the week, worthing on the very edge! 

Edited by tomp456
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, West Sussex Kate said:

I am a big cold weather fan....but its so cold, im starting to look forward to the slightly warmer weather at the weekend!

Absolutely, a few days is nice, a bit of chaos and disruption, but it is nice just being able to do the usual routine again.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, shotski said:

What do you mean by the warning bit Nick ??

Well, I think an amber may make the public take more notice of the risks of rain freezing on surfaces, been lots of accidents and travel disruption from it this morning, but, I don't know what criteria it would take for them to upgrade from yellow to amber

• Like 1

I still think the sweet spot for today will be in a line through Oxfordshire, Bucks, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and into East Anglia. I think areas around London and to the south will see snow, but not as much.

I hope to be proved wrong!

Edited by CK1981

Afternoon all,

We the time has come to try to escape from Southend and drive round to Gatwick airport for a flight to SW France, it looks like is is going to be a bit more of a challenge than I thought.  Freezing rain in Southend at the moment coating everything with a layer of ice...  wish me luck

Cheers

FC