Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

12 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Oh dear, Arsenal 0 - 2  Man.City. Think my daughter will be having, a stiff whisky or a tot of rum, at half-time !!:oops:

Regards,

Tom.

3 nil now !! Think your daughter will be leaving soon at this rate and it has just started snowing at the emirates!!

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Some photos from the last couple of days. Near Bewl Water in East Sussex.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, LeeRoyxD said:

Odd that you guys aren't getting any snow, I wonder if anyone in Eastbourne is.. as we are bang in the middle of Brighton and Eastbourne 

Sadly nothing here. The radar shows the precipitation just south of us and stuck there the last hour ?

Also there was a red warning for the Feb 09 thames streamer,I've got the images to prove it as well!

Anyway still snowing but the snow is very fine at the moment, without a light shining you'd never know it was snowing at all!

• Like 3

been snowing since 6 here - fine snow

picked up about 1/2 cm

weathered the temperature increase though- was up to -1.1c, now -1.5c in the last hour...

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Come rain snow or shine said:

Maybe the front has stalled and will weaken as/if it moves away northwest wards. Doesn't seem to want to [or is unable to!] take that exra step to hit the coast and move inland. 

I understand thanks.

1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Also there was a red warning for the Feb 09 thames streamer,I've got the images to prove it as well!

Anyway still snowing but the snow is very fine at the moment, without a light shining you'd never know it was snowing at all!

I think that might be the one I’m thinking about Kold, I remember it being a Thames streamer and the warning coming out of an evening, I’m sure someone has the picture as there dp on this forum, good luck with your snow tonight ??

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

3 nil now !! Think your daughter will be leaving soon at this rate and it has just started snowing at the emirates!!

At least, she may have a bit of snow on the way home, to console her.

Mr. Hotspur, are you still " dining out ", over your 1-0 victory in the N.London derby, the other Sat.

i  bet you're loving tonight and Sunday just gone, for that matter.

Regards,

Tom.

It’s not stalled. The heavier ppn over water is just getting eaten up when it hits landfall.  If you aren’t under a bright echo then its snizzle/false readings. The whole lot is being pulled NNW and decaying on the eastern flank. Those that don’t have any meaningful snow now, in reality won’t see much if any improvement. Sorry if that sounds a bit killjoy.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, lewis028 said:

I keep hearing the news saying there has only ever been one red warning before this event and that was wales 2013, but I’m pretty sure London/Essex was issued a red warning in 2010? Anyone else remember?..can tell there is no snow falling here in Leigh ?

Yes I thought the same for south east in 2010.  I’m sure we got a red warning about an hour before the event! 

• Like 2