Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Ahh looking at the radar we are nearer to the heavier ppn as it pivots, that is probably why you guys west of us haven't received anything yet 

Posted

I keep hearing the news saying there has only ever been one red warning before this event and that was wales 2013, but I’m pretty sure London/Essex was issued a red warning in 2010? Anyone else remember?..can tell there is no snow falling here in Leigh ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
1 minute ago, TomSE12 said:

Oh dear, Arsenal 0 - 2  Man.City. Think my daughter will be having, a stiff whisky or a tot of rum, at half-time !!:oops:

Regards,

Tom.

I've just been outside to the bins and I think I'd want more than that to take away the pain of losing and the cold!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, lewis028 said:

I keep hearing the news saying there has only ever been one red warning before this event and that was wales 2013, but I’m pretty sure London/Essex was issued a red warning in 2010? Anyone else remember?..can tell there is no snow falling here in Leigh ?

I heard the last was then. There has been others before. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
5 minutes ago, snowy weather said:

Why are the showers dissipitating off the coash?

Is that Dutch for Coast :rofl:

Posted
Just now, lewis028 said:

Yes I am pretty sure there was a Red one then too 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
7 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Oh dear, Arsenal 0 - 2  Man.City. Think my daughter will be having, a stiff whisky or a tot of rum, at half-time !!:oops:

Regards,

Tom.

3 .... shame.... lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Still not snowing properly

Wenger Out

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!
1 minute ago, lewis028 said:

You are indeed correct. I remember that day - 18th December 2010 - as a polar low brought heavy snowfall across London and the South East. I was watching BBC News all the while to get weather updates and around 11.30a.m, the Amber warning turned into a Red warning for Snow.

If I had some proof I would post it but I can't, for the life of me, find a thing online!

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, lewis028 said:

I think the current warning system was only introduced in 2011. 

Edited by Sussex Snow Magnet
  • Like 1

Posted

Can I ask those reporting snow ‘here’ type location instead. Those with mobile phones can’t see your location without clicking your profile. Cheers ??❄️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, mpkio2 said:

You are indeed correct. I remember that day - 18th December 2010 - as a polar low brought heavy snowfall across London and the South East. I was watching BBC News all the while to get weather updates and around 11.30a.m, the Amber warning turned into a Red warning for Snow.

If I had some proof I would post it but I can't, for the life of me, find a thing online!

Thank you! Iv been searching online too and can’t find anything! Sure I wasn’t going mad ? 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, mpkio2 said:

I remember it well too

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
3 minutes ago, Allezwasps. said:

3 .... shame.... lol.

Oh blimey, she must be really miserable sitting in the freezing cold, watching another, humiliating defeat. Bless her!! 

I can hear the shouts, of "Wenger Out", from here !!:oops:

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
11 minutes ago, snowy weather said:

Why are the showers dissipitating off the coash?

Maybe the front has stalled and will weaken as/if it moves away northwest wards. Doesn't seem to want to [or is unable to!] take that exra step to hit the coast and move inland. 

Posted

Red warnings - the MetO press release states first red warning since new system was introduced. Various new outlets skipped the latter part.

Snow in the SE - it’s coming. Stop being impatient. There’s plenty in the Channel and France and the pivot is negligible right now. It’s still almost due north but fighting against cold air, high pressure and easterly winds at ground level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, TomSE12 said:

Oh blimey, she must be really miserable sitting in the freezing cold, watching another, humiliating defeat. Bless her!! 

I can hear the shouts, of "Wenger Out", from here !!:oops:

Regards,

Tom.

City softening Arsenal up for Sunday hopefully................

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
40 minutes ago, c00ps said:

Nothing here and been under blue for a while too. Not sure about all this lol 

Nothing here too in spite of the Radar showing PPN, oh well. Tomorrow still looking ok.

Posted

Haven’t the foggiest what is occurring outside, I’m wrapped up in bed. Feel really cold tonight. Think a week of cold has almost chilled me to the bone!