Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

9 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Snow picking up now 5/10

368EF270-8C88-4CFA-844C-80CC948F10FD.thumb.jpeg.148df58294121524b799a2e4764b9f4e.jpeg

Oh, yeah, it is pepping up a bit towards SE London.

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

I swear if I hear my rain alarm go off one more time and look out the window and it’s still nothing but sizzle for last 2 hours I am going to actually cry ? in Burgess Hill  lol

• Sad 1

a very light snizzle in the air but that is it for tonight for this part of NW Kent.Temp at -0.9 so a 2nd consecutive ice day although temp has risen steadily from -3.5 at midday and is at its warmest figure now!!

Have just looked at latest HIRLAM radar and they have the snow band pushing back North westwards now although they do show snow coming in from 1pm-9pm tomorrow which could give surrey, sussex,kent,essex and London a few cms.They have been the best model for the Eastward track of snow from last night and although from an imby position have missed out, those in Surrey and Hampshire have hopefully got some snowfall tonight.

Edited by Hotspur62
  • Like 2

Oh dear, Arsenal 0 - 2  Man.City. Think my daughter will be having, a stiff whisky or a tot of rum, at half-time !!:oops:

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 3

I keep hearing the news saying there has only ever been one red warning before this event and that was wales 2013, but I’m pretty sure London/Essex was issued a red warning in 2010? Anyone else remember?..can tell there is no snow falling here in Leigh ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TomSE12 said:

Oh dear, Arsenal 0 - 2  Man.City. Think my daughter will be having, a stiff whisky or a tot of rum, at half-time !!:oops:

Regards,

Tom.

I've just been outside to the bins and I think I'd want more than that to take away the pain of losing and the cold!

• Like 1
Just now, lewis028 said:

I keep hearing the news saying there has only ever been one red warning before this event and that was wales 2013, but I’m pretty sure London/Essex was issued a red warning in 2010? Anyone else remember?..can tell there is no snow falling here in Leigh ?

I heard the last was then. There has been others before. 

• Like 1
Just now, lewis028 said:

Yes I am pretty sure there was a Red one then too 

• Like 1