Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

1 minute ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Early Brexit ruse by the French...disappearing snow.

They can leave my snow and my thunderstorms alone!

Can someone please let me know if there's even the slightest particle somewhere of hope that this dandruff might be turning into actual decent snowflakes and settling? 

The BBC video forecast online suggesting they are not sure about the band running into SE tomorrow??? 

Just now, James Oliver said:

The BBC video forecast online suggesting they are not sure about the band running into SE tomorrow??? 

The BBC don't even know what BBC stands for. 

6 minutes ago, SussexmarkyMark said:

The most today? Really?. We had a short period of moderate snow in this part of Brighton, giving an additional covering at about 7 this morning

Nope it hasn’t done anything all day here apart from a few flakes , just shows you how hit and miss this weather has been , I’m not moaning as we have done pretty well over the last week 👍

Heavier stuff seems to be held off the coast in the channel and not proceeding north. You can bet your bottom dollar that it will move north quickly when it changes to rain.

Just now, tomp456 said:

Can someone please let me know if there's even the slightest particle somewhere of hope that this dandruff might be turning into actual decent snowflakes and settling? 

Good patch heading for you, I'd be confident.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 20.06.03.png

20 minutes ago, nicktabs said:

Well that was a scary drive home, crash ahead caused everything on the A3 to stop and with no cars moving snow quickly build up. Managed 20mph all the way home but made it just. Enough 'fun' for one day. That amber warning came a little bit late for many stuck out there.

Heavy snow now in Petersfield (west of most of you).

Its about time!! 

I can't see anything meaningful making its was this far over. Had a good covering last night though. 

1 minute ago, nicktabs said:

Good patch heading for you, I'd be confident.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 20.06.03.png

Would you put money on it? 

I wouldn't!

Why would the heavy stuff not reach the coast, literally staying a mile or so out to sea!?

Getting heavier but it’s wet snow , it is starting to lay on cars but not roads at the mo , winds really picked up too 

OK starting to get a little heavier now here in Hove, might just be a temporary blip, hard to tell if it's all snow, more a mix of snizzle but with bigger flakes mixed in, will fortunately there's still some patches of ice and snow outside so if that metls I'll know it's rain, roads don't have that damp look about them so we might just be lucky here as the Uppers are due to creep above freezing temporarily between now and midnight and if we can remain under some fairly heavy PPN then it might cancel it out, really is on a knife edge along the S.Coast, less marginal inland IMO

3 minutes ago, IPredictASnowStorm said:

will Watford in north west London get any snow tonight? :(

I cant forecast that mate- noone knows...

3 minutes ago, Marie said:

Getting heavier but it’s wet snow , it is starting to lay on cars but not roads at the mo , winds really picked up too 

Where in Brighton are you? Still dry here

It's been snowing here for the last 15 minutes or so. There's seems to be a little band that's developed across North Kent. Not sure how long it will last.

0.7c here.

I know its not this region, and I'm no expert lol, but I reckon there could be some light to moderate flurries over South Essex

I dont know what its doing now, I can't see outside from my comfy bed but i feel its snowing!

Light pathetic bits falling - North Kent