Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

Can someone please let me know if there's even the slightest particle somewhere of hope that this dandruff might be turning into actual decent snowflakes and settling? 

• Like 1
Just now, James Oliver said:

The BBC video forecast online suggesting they are not sure about the band running into SE tomorrow??? 

The BBC don't even know what BBC stands for. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
6 minutes ago, SussexmarkyMark said:

The most today? Really?. We had a short period of moderate snow in this part of Brighton, giving an additional covering at about 7 this morning

Nope it hasn’t done anything all day here apart from a few flakes , just shows you how hit and miss this weather has been , I’m not moaning as we have done pretty well over the last week ?

Just now, tomp456 said:

Can someone please let me know if there's even the slightest particle somewhere of hope that this dandruff might be turning into actual decent snowflakes and settling? 

Good patch heading for you, I'd be confident.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 20.06.03.png

20 minutes ago, nicktabs said:

Well that was a scary drive home, crash ahead caused everything on the A3 to stop and with no cars moving snow quickly build up. Managed 20mph all the way home but made it just. Enough 'fun' for one day. That amber warning came a little bit late for many stuck out there.

Heavy snow now in Petersfield (west of most of you).

Its about time!! 

• Like 1

OK starting to get a little heavier now here in Hove, might just be a temporary blip, hard to tell if it's all snow, more a mix of snizzle but with bigger flakes mixed in, will fortunately there's still some patches of ice and snow outside so if that metls I'll know it's rain, roads don't have that damp look about them so we might just be lucky here as the Uppers are due to creep above freezing temporarily between now and midnight and if we can remain under some fairly heavy PPN then it might cancel it out, really is on a knife edge along the S.Coast, less marginal inland IMO

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Marie said:

Getting heavier but it’s wet snow , it is starting to lay on cars but not roads at the mo , winds really picked up too 

Where in Brighton are you? Still dry here

It's been snowing here for the last 15 minutes or so. There's seems to be a little band that's developed across North Kent. Not sure how long it will last.

0.7c here.