Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Looks like the heavier stuff is struggling to make any inroads and the snow is starting to slightly weaken from the east alongthe south coast. Maybe the first signs the supply tap is running a little thin. Still got a little while left yet but I'm getting the distinct feeling that the channel stuff is struggling to get any closer.

• Like 1
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

I think some people are saying no snow sue to no visibility on the lamp post-

A bit like here its a mini snizzard but fine snow

235E5EF8-4253-4F37-90F9-68A24B4CFE7F.thumb.png.d4eba06f99b92fee5ed9a75b1c615db5.png

or there is no snow falling lol

certainly isnt here, was earlier, but none for about 45 mins now

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Looks like the heavier stuff is struggling to make any inroads and the snow is starting to slightly weaken from the east alongthe south coast. Maybe the first signs the supply tap is running a little thin. Still got a little while left yet but I'm getting the distinct feeling that the channel stuff is struggling to get any closer.

C+#k!

Thanet 0.3c

Edited by A Wintry Mix
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Jhonny147 said:

Im north of Wycombe .. just outside the Amber lol

Me too! A mile away from Amber! I thought it would be near enough but the heavier stuff seems to fizzle out as it gets here. Must be the hills or something...

Have told my daughter ( at the Arsenal/Man.City game), to make sure she has a hot chocolate, at half-time. But if Arsenal are getting a hammering again, she may well need something stronger!!:oops::cold:

Regards,

Tom.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Gretal said:

But worrying though if people are in it or under it and reporting nothing falling?! 

me too, yet nothing coming from the sky except very excessive wind gusts!

Looking like we may miss out on the heaviest stuff here as well. Definitely has the look of a system slowing and turning, and there's a NW/SE line emerging which it doesn't seem too keen on breaching. Still got loads of snow on the ground and the roads, so no biggie if it misses. Would be a shame though because this is one juicy system.

• Like 2

My daughter is trying to get Home to Cheltenham from central London in spite of dire warnings from me. Have not heard from her for a couple of hours so don’t know if she went by train or coach but either way it will be a nightmare I imagine. I expect a phone call in a couple of hours saying”I did it” as if I would be impressed. Response could be “Idiot”. Hope she is OK.

• Like 1

Went outside here in the Medway valley, temp is +0.7 with a DP -3.6.  I'm sure the very fine snow felt like drizzle and in fact the car had water teeny droplets on the rear.
Sure ly can't rain/sleet/snizzle/slizzle with this temp/DP/humidity??

10 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Getting the exact same feeling unfortunately. It doesn’t want to move any further east despite what has built over the channel. The radar actually shows the snow getting lighter on the eastern edge

I wouldn't give up entirely just quite yet.

It does seem to be slowly building up northwards in the channel, but very slowly, so probably be a few hours before we know for certain haha

A definite shift that it is losing intensity and moving North  Westwards.Still going J5 Westwards of M25 getting a covering,those to the East will miss out.Maybe tomorrow morning will be another chance  for Southern England but lets get tonight out the way first.

1 minute ago, Brocken Spectre said:

Went outside here in the Medway valley, temp is +0.7 with a DP -3.6.  I'm sure the very fine snow felt like drizzle and in fact the car had water teeny droplets on the rear.
Sure ly can't rain/sleet/snizzle/slizzle with this temp/DP/humidity??

Think the upper air temps are above 0 now,think freezing rain going to be big prob next few days

15 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

I think some people are saying no snow sue to no visibility on the lamp post-

A bit like here its a mini snizzard but fine snow

235E5EF8-4253-4F37-90F9-68A24B4CFE7F.thumb.png.d4eba06f99b92fee5ed9a75b1c615db5.png

Although my lamp post is in close proximity, and has great visibility, I still went and stuck my arms out the front door :cold-emoji: defo no snow here, not even of the minute kind, yet showing on the radar?