Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

2 minutes ago, West is Best said:

The Met Office have so messed this up.

Amateur forecasters on here proving, again, that they are more on the ball than the paid professionals in Exeter.

Bet all the guys and gals in Exeter went home early. Red warning and all that.....................

• Like 1
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

Just now, Cableguy said:

Doesn’t appear to be moving further east at all now

It's not set to it is a case of whether we can get convection kicking off creating showers extending east. Notice as it moves over the channel showery activity extends east from the band.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Htid said:

Nothing in Eastbourne despite being in the pink for over an hour now.

Seems to be like this all along the coast for some reason!

I've given up for the evening and tomorrow. (soz about lack of optimism yall) 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Htid said:

You can't trust the light colours. Isn't always making it to the ground. Should start within 10-20 mins id say.

3 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

Seems to be like this all along the coast for some reason!

I've given up for the evening and tomorrow. (soz about lack of optimism yall) 

Same, as under the light snow according to the radar but an intense stare at the lamppost saw one whole flake

• Like 1

Yeh, dont go by light pink....leave the weather type off to get a better idea.....as far as I can tell, no heavy snow has reached the south kent coast yet, but give it 20mins or so!!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Htid said:

I'm abit of a newby but I find it's better to watch the radar without the weather type on, if you are under green yellow or red or dark blue & the temps are low enough it will be snow I forget the light blue! ?

I worried that what is coming over the channel to our south is slowly turning away to the NW!

It's going to be very close in SE London...

• Like 1

Snowing here in Brentwood.Not loads, but it's snowing.

We did very well with the 'Patchy localised' stuff overnight and up until lunchtime, there was at least another 10cm on top of the 10cm we already had previously. No thaw though today, so if we can get another top up I'll take it.

• Like 3

I think some people are saying no snow sue to no visibility on the lamp post-

A bit like here its a mini snizzard but fine snow

235E5EF8-4253-4F37-90F9-68A24B4CFE7F.thumb.png.d4eba06f99b92fee5ed9a75b1c615db5.png

Edited by Steve Murr
  • Like 2
52 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

When did the amber warning get upgraded to move it further NE into our region? The met office used to issue times of their warnings and updates but I can't find the time.

I asked this the other on Twitter day and got this response:

EE4C71B4-300D-41C2-B452-96B3217333D1.png

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Mark said:

I worried that what is coming over the channel to our south is slowly turning away to the NW!

It's going to be very close in SE London...

Yep, i think its moving west.   Channel could keep going though

2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

I think some people are saying no snow sue to no visibility on the lamp post-

A bit like here its a mini snizzard but fine snow

235E5EF8-4253-4F37-90F9-68A24B4CFE7F.thumb.png.d4eba06f99b92fee5ed9a75b1c615db5.png

I have a lamppost right outside my house , it’s sbowing but not at all heavy , just few flakes floating around 

2 minutes ago, paget said:

I'm abit of a newby but I find it's better to watch the radar without the weather type on, if you are under green yellow or red or dark blue & the temps are low enough it will be snow I forget the light blue! ?

I'm just watching the radar, looks like things will getting interesting for my part of the world soon! :)

• Like 1

Good evening everyone.

Quite a few posters on this thread have reported that the temperature has risen over the past hour or so to just above freezing but the national  forecast   on BBC1 after the main evening news showed temperatures below O degrees C and continuing to fall during the night although because of cloud cover not as low as last night. What is the reason for this temperature increase and is it a sign that the milder weather is making inroads quicker than thought?

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1