Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

1 minute ago, D.V.R said:

find your location on the radar/map and you'll see if any snow is over your area.

we are also expecting some more snow tomorrow, especially afternoon and into the evening.

Hi 

where is the snow expected today tomorrow going to originate?? 

Incidentally, it was interesting driving from West London down to East Sussex just now. Lovely snow covered scenery all the way, with some notable features:

- Consistent if thin covering everywhere coming down to the M25 at junction 9.

- Good rate of snowfall in Surrey and up to about junction 8.

- Notable patch of no snow coming along the M25 somewhere around junction 7 or the M23. Only brief spell with snowless fields - I'm guessing this is near where the West Sussex moaners of the last few days live...

- Beautiful sight coming closer to Sevenoaks and over the Downs into Medway as our snowy corner opened up in front of me.

- And finally, a surprising amount of snow at destination (near Bewl > near T Wells). About to go measure, but looks well over half a foot. Fully white lanes, some amazing drift formations and cornices in some exposed places by roads and on embankments close to home.

• Like 2
Just now, paget said:

Hi  

where is the snow expected today tomorrow going to originate?? 

from storm emma coming from france

1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

7pm radar - things continue nicely

Heavier snow in brighton soon!

AD1298BD-FB65-4CD2-928F-C97CF00A1D68.thumb.png.16769e7478185bf801ee5bab24766db8.png

Steve, do we have a chance of some heavy snow in Watford? Cheers

14 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Anyone who follows our summer Thunderstorm plume threads should never give up hope with the weather and precip moving up from France.

A few years back everyone in the West Country were celebrating a rash of Storms that were in Biscay and 8 hours later the SE got slammed all unforecasted

Expect the Unexpected :rofl:

Yeah this has reminded me so much of a southerly plume, especially the track the precip up from France and seeing how it evolves!

Can't complain with how things have gone thus far though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

7pm radar - things continue nicely

Heavier snow in brighton soon!

AD1298BD-FB65-4CD2-928F-C97CF00A1D68.thumb.png.16769e7478185bf801ee5bab24766db8.png

The Met Office have so messed this up.

Amateur forecasters on here proving, again, that they are more on the ball than the paid professionals in Exeter.

• Like 1
Just now, West is Best said:

The Met Office have so messed this up.

Amateur forecasters on here proving, again, that they are more on the ball than the paid professionals in Exeter.

But worrying though if people are in it or under it and reporting nothing falling?! 

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

I love Hampton court I want to live there

Many people do actually live there in the ‘grace & favour’ apartments - nice for some