Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

I'm so jealous of what's about to slam into the south coast.

I lived in Somerset up until 4 years ago, and even though the last few days have been good, I would love to experience the effects of a red warning.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, samalllpop said:

@Steve Murr

First of all huge thank you coming from a newish member, you have helped me track a lot of the precipitation through the week and have taught me a lot of new stuff. 

Have you seem the ECM... thoughts? Looks like the cold heads back down south next week 

I CANNOT KEEP UP WITH THE WEATHER 

Yes ECM going for a snow event in the latter stages

98394DEF-A1FD-4A22-8A66-3C0ADB98D81A.thumb.png.de99fe740c6667066f022f7e11ff6081.png

645 radar continues to develop

1E9C3090-25EA-4822-82D6-08F82E26FA9B.thumb.png.cfa9940fe5ec34c0fefda486cf72cda1.png

Snow rate here - 5/10 max ATM 

Temp -1.2c 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Its on a similar course about 50-75 miles further east but more PPN is appearing on its eastern side that wasnt modelled so its like a double whammy

Is that good or bad

Oooh, just 6 miles outside the eastern edge of the the amber warning - where I now am in East Sussex. Still, might be close enough, and well within the yellow area...

Difficult to believe that blob coming up could miss us, although HIRLAM this morning had this pretty well modelled, comparing to where it is now, and did show it sliding NW quite dramatically just as it gets close. So I'm not counting chickens.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Anyone who follows our summer Thunderstorm plume threads should never give up hope with the weather and precip moving up from France.

A few years back everyone in the West Country were celebrating a rash of Storms that were in Biscay and 8 hours later the SE got slammed all unforecasted

Expect the Unexpected :rofl:

Absolutely. Remember the Kent clipper in 2009. Goodness me. 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, samalllpop said:

@Steve Murr

First of all huge thank you coming from a newish member, you have helped me track a lot of the precipitation through the week and have taught me a lot of new stuff. 

Have you seem the ECM... thoughts? Looks like the cold heads back down south next week 

I CANNOT KEEP UP WITH THE WEATHER 

Steve Murrnis a

genuinely

nice guy who is extremely knowledgeable and a pleasant dude!!

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, Southender said:

If that Eastern flank over Dieppe can get anywhere near the mouth of the Thames, then game on for the eastern side as well. Gut feel is the whole lot will get a big pull NW before then unfortunately.

?? I can imagine it’s being watched by the minute, little bit of hope for us on the east..

• Like 1

I'm in the green (not much happening in there!) but on the edge of the yellow! 

its like bullseye this radar watching! 

(Love a bit of Bully) ?

IMG_3295.PNG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, paget said:

It's amazing how even these fairly small flakes add up! ? X 

Definitely!

They must have added 3 or 4cm today.

Hopefully we’ll see the heavier stuff later and top it up further.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

You won't get any, you jinx it for yourself :rofl:

There is nothing falling out the sky here now despite being under the 'precip' for an hour - its extremely light stuff

Just now, CK1981 said:

Definitely!

They must have added 3 or 4cm today.

Hopefully we’ll see the heavier stuff later and top it up further.

I think we deserve it!! ?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

I am but I’m still none the wiser.

find your location on the radar/map and you'll see if any snow is over your area.

we are also expecting some more snow tomorrow, especially afternoon and into the evening.

Very light snow here in Brighton , but it’s been like that for a couple of hours .Just catching up with the thread can’t believe we have an Amber warning now !! 

6 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Brighton folks, please let us know the updates over the next hour

Thus far nothing, just a few flakes blowing around as per the past 2 hours...I think I could walk faster than this band of PPN is moving NE

• Like 1