Jump to content

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

We should both see similar conditions this evening and I’m going for 6 inches by morning ?

Lol I will have a punt with yu, I had one with the Mrs last week she said £10 it don't snow next week (being this week) 

She now owes me £10

I would be surprised if we get above what you are saying but achievable 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

May I add and this may sound a little horrid for the very Eastern lot, the HIRLAM didn't entertain any snow at all in Kent really and the very far east of London, so anything you guys get really is world class and a bonus, tomorrow still looks Intresting for all 

12Z run certainly has snow in Kent, albeit no before 8pm.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

My mum is looking after my boys in Reigate - do I need to get home pronto to allow her to get back to horsham or is it ok there?

i wouldn't panic. we've gained about 1mm in the last 20 mins...

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nick L said:

We're debating at work whether those radar returns are real or not. The jury is out. Can someone kindly hire a boat into the Channel please?

We could walk there - I saw a FB video today that shows the edge of herne bay was freezing

DAEA9F2A-46DD-40FA-8377-7FD7417C9C2A.thumb.png.5209ad54ec1d169339b5f7579a503030.png

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Bloody Nora! Look at the size of Emma on sat, looks like the day after tomorrow 

Screenshot_20180301-163155.thumb.png.a4088c76bb5dc140685d99438e10c1f8.png

Oof! she's a big un ....  bet she delivers

Edited by snowfish1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

We should both see similar conditions this evening and I’m going for 6 inches by morning ?

Unfortunately I’m on the low ground here in Old Windsor leaving us on the lighter precipitation. You should do better there with better elevation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nicktabs said:

A3 south Guildford now totally blocked and road white. Lots of crashes and nothing moving.  

This should have been under a Red warning. Avoid at all costs. 

Not surprised, its really come down herein the last hour or so. Just eased slightly here ahead of the next impulse of convection coming up from Chichester and Portsmouth.

Really does need an amber warning though, heavens knows why they are waiting now!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, John Stevens said:

Heavy snow, dark skies now in Holmbury at Mary:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

What a lovely place you live in.  Played cricket a few times on that wonderful pitch up in the Hills.

Snow is a little heavier in the teeming metropolis (Reigate) now but still quite light, although as I type this has picked up again.  Sounds like the heavier stuff is very close.

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nick L said:

We're debating at work whether those radar returns are real or not. The jury is out. Can someone kindly hire a boat into the Channel please?

Not sure how different countries' radars are connected to show on free radar websites but Meteo France is giving similar returns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Only the HIRLAM and APGERE (or however you spell it!) were even close, the ECM wasn't too bad either overall though underestimated this afternoon).

Heavy snow approaching southern extent of M25, hope people drive carefully as conditions are going to go downhil.

Do you think we have a chance of some of the heavier snow in Watford? Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Not surprised, its really come down herein the last hour or so. Just eased slightly here ahead of the next impulse of convection coming up from Chichester and Portsmouth.

Really does need an amber warning though, heavens knows why they are waiting now!

It's ridiculous ..I don't understand.. why no Amber warning? Rush hour is upon us ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Lol I will have a punt with yu, I had one with the Mrs last week she said £10 it don't snow next week (being this week) 

She now owes me £10

I would be surprised if we get above what you are saying but achievable 

Haha!

My prediction is 6 inches in total, so another 3 inches on top of what we currently have ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SnowBorder said:

I'm a 5 minutes walk from junction 5 of M25, and according to the latest radar, there should be heavy snow here in the next 10 mins or so. I'll let you know if it does. 

Just started snowing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

What a lovely place you live in.  Played cricket a few times on that wonderful pitch up in the Hills.

Snow is a little heavier in the teeming metropolis (Reigate) now but still quite light, although as I type this has picked up again.  Sounds like the heavier stuff is very close.

It’s a glorious place - when I was a scout we often stayed at the youth hostel there - I remember trekking up to holmbury hill in the snow one night...

 

i think we are pretty close close to the heavy stuff now Martyn...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...