Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

6 minutes ago, rubble79 said:

All but stopped here. Still clueless but gather this is it for today and now even tomorrow with the storm looks like a fail. 

I’ve remembered that I don’t like wind and snow. It doesn’t look as nice when it’s not covering roofs and trees 

it's still snowing lightly up here in shirley

4 minutes ago, StLuke said:

Southend / Leigh-on-Sea area getting hammered for the last hour. 

Wish I stayed at home 😩 just looked on a127 progress road camera and roads are white!

Coming to a stop here in Sevenoaks and according to the met office that's us done now, overcast forecasted for tomorrow 

1 minute ago, lewis028 said:

Wish I stayed at home 😩 just looked on a127 progress road camera and roads are white!

Scenes mate. Clearing soon, but whiteout conditions with horizontal snow for last hour.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Southender said:

Crazy, may take a drive

Better off skiing.

• Like 1

really can't see this stalling or building. there must be reason why met o have snow through till 2pm though..

4 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

it's still snowing lightly up here in shirley

Shirley not...

• Haha 2

Very very light,from an imby perspective,its been a bit of a let down,so frustrating when you know places a barely a 10 minute drive away,have been hammered,hawkhurst had around 6 inches im led to believe,which is prob 4 miles away as the crow flies,shouldn't moan too much though,its been great seeing snow falling for 4 consecutive days now,and although I only managed a couple of cms,still very impressive for this time of year,good luck to all,for a decent last blast later,overnight and tomoz

31 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

915 radar update

clinging onto the back edge here with more building over tonbridge ( still pitch black here )

Sweet spot currently for next 2 hours 

SE & central / East Essex.

Colchester down to NE london - all points SE down to the thames-

Can the tonbridge line build!?

I think that's good news for my area then? Been snowing steadily for a while now and the sky looks full of it! 

• Like 1

Snizzle here in Tonbridge, suspect it is building off the downs to my north.

12 minutes ago, FlightlessWings said:

Burford Spur May be the area you went yesterday - you walk north of the view point and it is a big expense of green (or white hopefully). The view point is not looking great right now to be honest and snow steadily stopping. Not been our event really! 

Ah yes I know where you mean, you can see it from the Mickleham bends? Thanks for your help :)

It’s stopped now but the sky looks full of it still. 

I thought we were in for a very snowy period today and tomorrow, seems to.have missed us down here, is the main band not coming through until later or is this it? 

Cheers

It's been snowing here since about 8am. -3.2 & winds ENE.

• Like 1

I’m confused , I know lots of you guys are getting snow but we have had  absolutely nothing here today .I read on another region thread that this isn’t the main event !! Apparently it’s later today ? Can anyone explain if this is correct or not please , many thanks 

• Like 1

What a shocking week for snow where I am, seem to be caught right in the middle ground, heavy snow to the right, heavy snow due in the west. Already on summer count down. Very disappointed 

Think I will be going drift hunting in the South East Essex wilderness shortly. Will report back with pictures, as long as I don't get stuck.

• Like 2

0S3Uho4Fa0.gif

looks like the precip currently over Brittany is intensifying on it's eastern flank - keeping them crossed!

• Like 1

snow depth 7 cm 

light snow front now clearing away from north lond9n 

now have my eyes to the south west