Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The people saying it's going to turn dry for the rest of the day obviously haven't looked whats coming to our South

5a97c1daa2d45_ScreenShot2018-03-01at09_02_38.thumb.png.09a1251b62f68593b0ae1be6c2701161.png

That will head West, the front that is producing this morning's snow will clear the region by 11am.

So a dry day for most of our region, then the snow threat returns from about 10pm on the SE coast looking at the fax charts.

Posted
1 minute ago, weathergeek said:

Hi FW, I don't suppose you could give me a Box Hill Viewpoint white/green score for this morning please, lol?! Thanks!x

It looks white but with a green tint - could be a centimetre or two but snow is still falling, although lightly. Burford Spur is still white from yesterday I believe (it was when I drove past it at 4pm yesterday).

Posted

Really ramping up in Southend. Didn’t expect this. Won’t last long but the ppn moving into the Thames is being driven into us by the wind.

• Like 1

Posted

I think the snow appearing across the Brest Peninsular now will move across the south west (hence the red warning).

After the current snow clears through (it already has on the south coast), I can’t see much more for the rest of the day.

Disappointing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Pepping up this is as it gets more inland, Interesting times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

My guides to snowfall from now on:

giphy.gif

Image result for no but yeah but no gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
1 minute ago, Southender said:

Really ramping up in Southend. Didn’t expect this. Won’t last long but the ppn moving into the Thames is being driven into us by the wind.

not sure if we'll get much more after this . . . can#'t complain though, the snow early yesterday morning was epic :)

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The people saying it's going to turn dry for the rest of the day obviously haven't looked whats coming to our South

5a97c1daa2d45_ScreenShot2018-03-01at09_02_38.thumb.png.09a1251b62f68593b0ae1be6c2701161.png

But I think that is forecast to move north towards Devon and Dorset, hence the warnings down there.  

East and North Kent will probably continue to do well as the front interacts with the easterly wind. Will also probably drive snow towards London.

Not much at all for most of Sussex.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

think that has west country in its sights

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowy weather said:

Met ofice seem optimistic for Crawley if anyone is interested.

We are down for continous snow from 10am to 3pm.

Alright for some

Posted

it's been steady snow, with the occasional heavy burst, for the last hour here.it has recovered the road after the wind cleared it earlier

Posted
2 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

I think the snow appearing across the Brest Peninsular now will move across the south west (hence the red warning).

After the current snow clears through (it already has on the south coast), I can’t see much more for the rest of the day.

Disappointing!

Likely to spread eastwards and it is due to come northwards. It will feed into what the SW already has BUT it is also the area several models like HIRLAM has been blowing up and spreading across the whole of the south.

My gut it if your in the east ofthe region, its probably less chances it will have much of an impact...but for the western part of the area, particularly Hampshire could well get in on the action.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Lacing it down here now - huge drifts developing

just been sent this

DCF3C16A-9E53-437A-B449-3B2601AA8AA9.thumb.png.006e1b4f4e4a4ae16018d454b4ba0dad.png

Intensely frustrating to see a system broadly push up from south and west, skirt West Sussex (apart from dandruff) and land in parts of Kent that are almost directly due northeast of here! ?

You moved to the snow a little while ago didn’t you? Good call! ????

Posted
7 minutes ago, snowy weather said:

Met ofice seem optimistic for Crawley if anyone is interested.

We are down for continous snow from 10am to 3pm.

Gawd bless ‘em. Taxi! 

Posted

Like a blizz in greenhithe

Posted
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl

I'm in Essex between maldon and Danbury, the wind is very strong from the east.

could that 'create' further snow for my area off the sea today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
10 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Disappointing!

That was just the initial wave though, there may well be more overnight and through tomorrow. Fingers crossed for us, hehe.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Plus potential back building as Steve says.

Its certainly picked up as it gets over land meeting colder air plus pulling moisture 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

Still heavy snow here on the Isle of Sheppey some roads have been closed by the police due to the drifting funny I thought we wasn't going to ge mmuch not that I am complaining lol the sky looks full of it. :D

IMG-20180301-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20180301-WA0001.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

Ashford TN23 Snow 0.005/10!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Almost an hour of heavy snowfall here now, all surfaces that had previously melted/sublimed are now covered again, all the foot prints etc are smoothing out.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Likely to spread eastwards and it is due to come northwards. It will feed into what the SW already has BUT it is also the area several models like HIRLAM has been blowing up and spreading across the whole of the south.

My gut it if your in the east ofthe region, its probably less chances it will have much of an impact...but for the western part of the area, particularly Hampshire could well get in on the action.

Although the east of the region is currently doing considerably better than the west of it. Guess it’s how one defines east and west but I’m going to draw my line for later at Winchester and hope I’m off the mark.