Please share your photos from the long weekend to our Easter weekend 2019 photo gallery!

Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Here in St Leonards-on-Sea so far it's just small snow grains being blown about in 30mph winds. Currently -3.5c

It's hard to tell how much snow has accumulated from yesterday evening until now due to the drifting.. some areas have completed been cleared of snow by the wind and other areas are shaped like sand dunes.

• Like 1

And another snow day. Running out of milk!

Really need some shopping but road too slippery and worried I'l fall over on 20 minute walk to shops down very steep hill.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

I do not. Hope to be wrong but can’t see it. Nothing I can see on radar and modelling, and nothing on any live (not app) forecast suggests anything other than petering out imminently to leave a dry cloudy day with flakes here and there in the wind. 

Gatwick. 

Very disappointing. What a shame. It was due as a full on event. Never mind. Same d, same old for this area.

Lacing it down here now - huge drifts developing

just been sent this

DCF3C16A-9E53-437A-B449-3B2601AA8AA9.thumb.png.006e1b4f4e4a4ae16018d454b4ba0dad.png

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The people saying it's going to turn dry for the rest of the day obviously haven't looked whats coming to our South

5a97c1daa2d45_ScreenShot2018-03-01at09_02_38.thumb.png.09a1251b62f68593b0ae1be6c2701161.png

That will head West, the front that is producing this morning's snow will clear the region by 11am.

So a dry day for most of our region, then the snow threat returns from about 10pm on the SE coast looking at the fax charts.

1 minute ago, weathergeek said:

Hi FW, I don't suppose you could give me a Box Hill Viewpoint white/green score for this morning please, lol?! Thanks!x

It looks white but with a green tint - could be a centimetre or two but snow is still falling, although lightly. Burford Spur is still white from yesterday I believe (it was when I drove past it at 4pm yesterday).

Met ofice seem optimistic for Crawley if anyone is interested.

We are down for continous snow from 10am to 3pm.

• Like 1

Really ramping up in Southend. Didn’t expect this. Won’t last long but the ppn moving into the Thames is being driven into us by the wind.

• Like 1

I think the snow appearing across the Brest Peninsular now will move across the south west (hence the red warning).

After the current snow clears through (it already has on the south coast), I can’t see much more for the rest of the day.

Disappointing!

My guides to snowfall from now on:

giphy.gif

Image result for no but yeah but no gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Southender said:

Really ramping up in Southend. Didn’t expect this. Won’t last long but the ppn moving into the Thames is being driven into us by the wind.

not sure if we'll get much more after this . . . can#'t complain though, the snow early yesterday morning was epic :)

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The people saying it's going to turn dry for the rest of the day obviously haven't looked whats coming to our South

5a97c1daa2d45_ScreenShot2018-03-01at09_02_38.thumb.png.09a1251b62f68593b0ae1be6c2701161.png

But I think that is forecast to move north towards Devon and Dorset, hence the warnings down there.  

East and North Kent will probably continue to do well as the front interacts with the easterly wind. Will also probably drive snow towards London.

Not much at all for most of Sussex.

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

think that has west country in its sights

4 minutes ago, snowy weather said:

Alright for some

it's been steady snow, with the occasional heavy burst, for the last hour here.it has recovered the road after the wind cleared it earlier

lets see what if anything back builds behind the front -

2 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

I think the snow appearing across the Brest Peninsular now will move across the south west (hence the red warning).

After the current snow clears through (it already has on the south coast), I can’t see much more for the rest of the day.

Disappointing!

Likely to spread eastwards and it is due to come northwards. It will feed into what the SW already has BUT it is also the area several models like HIRLAM has been blowing up and spreading across the whole of the south.

My gut it if your in the east ofthe region, its probably less chances it will have much of an impact...but for the western part of the area, particularly Hampshire could well get in on the action.

6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Lacing it down here now - huge drifts developing

just been sent this

DCF3C16A-9E53-437A-B449-3B2601AA8AA9.thumb.png.006e1b4f4e4a4ae16018d454b4ba0dad.png

Intensely frustrating to see a system broadly push up from south and west, skirt West Sussex (apart from dandruff) and land in parts of Kent that are almost directly due northeast of here! 😂

You moved to the snow a little while ago didn’t you? Good call! 👏🏻👏🏻

7 minutes ago, snowy weather said:

Gawd bless ‘em. Taxi! 

Like a blizz in greenhithe

I'm in Essex between maldon and Danbury, the wind is very strong from the east.

could that 'create' further snow for my area off the sea today?

10 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Disappointing!

That was just the initial wave though, there may well be more overnight and through tomorrow. Fingers crossed for us, hehe.

Edited by stainesbloke