Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Well it' snowing here In Romney Marsh, 2/10 blizzard conditions lots of little styrene type balls.

Not showing on metoradar though? According to that looks like alot of precip for about 9-10ish coming up from france?? 

Anyone know what its looking like for us today here along the SE coast?

Last Minute school closures in West Wickham!! Snowing steadily here now

Just now, ptow said:

You got some. Moderate in reading with a covering already. -4.8

We have indeed. We also had about 2 inches in 4 hours yesterday evening. Didn’t you get the same in Reading?

Pleased to note that we have light snow here in Charlwood, (Gatwick), and the skies look leaden.

Asking again, which snow forecast radar app do people suggest please? Only have Rain Alarm Pro on my phone.

6 minutes ago, 3cats said:

Another new joiner but have been following the boards for a while. 

A lovely steady but a fine snow fall occurring this side of Redhill/Reigate. 

Morning! 😃

I'm not expecting very much, unless this front re-invigorates itself.  Most of the yellows and greens have gone, and back-edge approaching south coast.

Screenshot_20180301-072212.jpg

Morning all. Just catching up on overnight posts - last I saw before going to bed was that last night's HIRLAM was the model that seemed to be on the money in terms of where the precip was falling in the SE, and where the French 'blob' was! 

Light snow again this morning, but I can't see much more coming up from France. Is it meant to intensify over the channel or do we think we'll get less than we first anticipated? Met Office changed from heavy snow to light snow for my area until 6pm, but I can't see where that's going to come from...

The radar looks great but in reality it’s barely snowing, would need this for 2 days straight to get any accumulations

dissapointed.

looking forward to tomorrow now unless this lot peps up a bit

Edited by tomp456

2 minutes ago, Storme said:

Pleased to note that we have light snow here in Charlwood, (Gatwick), and the skies look leaden.

Asking again, which snow forecast radar app do people suggest please? Only have Rain Alarm Pro on my phone.

Here's a couple for you.

https://en.meteox.com/

https://www.buienradar.nl/

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Fantastic end to winter!! love it, enjoy it folks last couple of days!!

Snow pepping up here now and wind seems to have died down a bit.

Snow setting in now - 6/10 & picking up from the sevenoaks way -

S

It looks like heaviest snow will fall on western parts of southend :( We have flurries in Brighton atm

Morning all, very light dusting here in Bramley but the wind is evil! Went to let the chooks out and the coop door was frozen shut. 

@paget holding thumbs for us today. A bit disappointed when I saw met office had removed the snow for me for Friday.

Right now i have -5.2 wth a easterly wind gusting to nearly 50mph ( dont know for sure what the windchill is but have just walked dog my jaw is aching just a bit.

Moderate snow going sideways not even sure its landing ? 

I think snow falling in Ramsgate is landing in Canterbury its that windy out there.

1 minute ago, Amanzi said:

Morning all, very light dusting here in Bramley but the wind is evil! Went to let the chooks out and the coop door was frozen shut. 

@paget holding thumbs for us today. A bit disappointed when I saw met office had removed the snow for me for Friday.

Daily battle with frozen water with mine at the moment!

Heavy areas of ppn don't seem to be making it into greater London from what I can see. Still snowing lightly though. I wonder will it intensify over the coming hours 

2 minutes ago, Amanzi said:

Me too! Feeling a bit more hopeful today, must have about 2cm by now!  😃

Reporting moderate snowfall here in Herne Bay sky leaden Steve Murr. Plus met office have Kent in warning zone now?