Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

1 minute ago, magicpatch said:

3-4 cm around here I would say, I'm slightly off the beaten track (if possible in these parts!), there's not too much traffic moving so despite it being fairly light in nature, small flakes, it is starting to build.

Interesting, thanks. 

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Certainly going to be an interesting 6-9hrs to come both in terms of convection and the frontal shield.

18z Hirlam is marginally less snowy over far SE but still gives widespread 10-15cms for all but Kent where totals ate more modest.

Hilram is predicting 10-15cm from that low tomorrow morning for Kent??? :shok:

Edited by Ben Blizzard
17 minutes ago, John Hodgson said:

Quick question. I noticed this  year all of the grit used is white. What happened to the brown stuff?

I noticed that to. If your is like ours it doesn’t work. Poor critters working so hard

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

HIRLAM interestingly is the only model that's picked up the current band of snow over us..

HIRLAM did the best in the slider pre xmas-

18z GFS follows a bit more East & also working towards the ECM !

s

• Like 2

GFS has shifted eastwards, low is a solid 50 miles shifted and slanted better. Snow is equally further east. Expect this trend to continue as 18z still doesn't have the front right.

Also big risk of freezing rain for south Hampshire and maybe west Sussex.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Darren Chilcott said:

Just very light (non landing) snow in mid Sussex after none all day............but absolutely bitterly cold out. Almost froze my face walking home from the station - complete contrast to this morning when it was evry cold but still. 

Loving the football on telly....as mentioned above they’ll need the orange ball soon ! 

Flecks and a few flakes in Steyning, West Sussex. All eyes on tomo - and tonight's surprise modest streamer over us, Brighton included. 

7 minutes ago, kold weather said:

GFS has shifted eastwards, low is a solid 50 miles shifted and slanted better. Snow is equally further east. Expect this trend to continue as 18z still doesn't have the front right.

Also big risk of freezing rain for south Hampshire and maybe west Sussex.

Rain?

oh bugger.

woukd rather snow tbh. Rain is boring. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

I wonder if we can do double bubble tomorrow & Friday !

I'm beginning to wonder if this lot merges it to the the stuff from the south then tomorrow's stuff eases later on before the second front merges in.. In theory, each "event" can aid the next