Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I'm guessing the traffic on the M25 around Junction 10 and 11 probably isn't great at the moment quite a good looking shower train passing through!

wow had the radar zoomed in over estuary and Essex didn't see that streamer could be bit of disruption to South West of London if gritters aren't out as no warnings.

image.png.ba98d54b462c45671726e618195b7f8b.png

• Like 2
1 minute ago, CK1981 said:

That must be the flake which floated by the window here earlier ??

There must be saying of truth somewhere that says ‘where there is one flake, many many more will follow’ ?

After a beautiful sunny, but freezing day the snow clouds have returned.  Loving the icicles everywhere and the amount of birds grabbing their share of food in the garden.  Snowing now, however, really unsure what to expect....good luck to all and stay warm!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Hirlam for tomorrow morning !!

Well East :)

A4744C72-2616-4AF9-AFE7-BBA9D46D8F81.thumb.png.d64943ac8a63daabfaa60563bc482c20.png

It goes on to show milder conditions getting into the far se during the early hours of Friday then back to cold and snow.

1 minute ago, D.V.R said:

It goes on to show milder conditions getting into the far se during the early hours of Friday then back to cold and snow.

its done well this year ( slider event ) but has had a couple of misses as well !

1 hour ago, DonnaThw said:

On the radar is days showers are now pushing in to the Canterbury area! Can anybody agree that r is it too light to touch the ground

Just a light shower started here. Baby cloud. Won't amount to anything but just goes to show how easily snow will fall at the moment

12 minutes ago, dallas said:

Meto regional update not out yet, normally by now I think, maybe they are waiting on a few more models to update

probably banging there head against the wall as every model different at only 12hours, wouldn't like to be in their shoes trying to draw up warnings,  could be serious in some areas to west with drifting and people stranded in sub zero temps and strong wind chill, different models show same areas much lighter snow and if they throw out red/amber warnings and people don't travel then weather is ok they look silly and effects economy if schools/businesses close when not necessary nightmare situation for them

Today must be the coldest day UK wide for a long, long time. Probably 19th December 2010? 

Currently in another heavy snow shower in Chingford. 

• Like 1

Other half just came in, says he’s been in Aldi shopping and the till person said loads of people had been in panic buying! I thought we through the best snow chances they obviously all know something I don’t!