Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

Is that a Thames streamer I see on the radar??

Posted
3 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

On the radar is days showers are now pushing in to the Canterbury area! Can anybody agree that r is it too light to touch the ground

You need to be seeing green or yellow returns on the radar really. Anything else is either nothing or a light flurry.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Blizzard like here again, strong winds, powder snow, wow!:shok:

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Slight flurry starting In Epsom. 

I was just in sunny Dorking and drove up to Epsom for an appointment and you would think it is a different world! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Clouds have set in and snowing heavily  in Addlestone, Surrey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Got the kids suited and booted, packed the sledges, left dusty Epsom and headed for Boxhill where it was beautifully snowy......

....UNTIL we turned the corner to view point which was in the sun and GREEN!!!!!  The snow had already melted by 10.30am!!!! Very disappointed kids until we found another mini slope still in the shade so still managed to have some fun!! Hoping for more tomorrow/Friday!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Snow showers moving back into north London. Getting heavier again. 

• Like 1

Posted

This evening looking better than I thought, Estuary is creating its own light Thames streamer, and them big blobs are heading towards us hopefully if winds hold when they hit the mouth  which is slightly warmer we should see the yellow and orange colours.

image.thumb.png.53a8285859dce536e0cdd7df824842bc.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Iwent for a walk earlier with my two-year-old son to Virginia Water, the lake freezing over causing delays to the movie they’re filming down there

C141AFD8-D5AD-48B5-9A3A-36F06FEE157A.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, snowray said:

Its funny around here on the border with Kent and near the Thames estuary, boom or bust, and Kent past Dartford has its own mini climate when its a NEly thats blowing. I was getting a bit worried yesterday that it was going to be a bust not just for here but for London too, and then the wind direction changed to any easterly. Did you get some in the end, your in London I take it?

It would be really cool if we could end this cold snap with general snowfall for everyone Thur-Sat.

actual blizzard in Eltham

winchill -15

• Like 2

Posted

This evening will be very interesting

Most of the hi res models had very little modelled for this afternoon, but did develop a very light streamer through this evening

Given we already have a streamer in place, it could be that we see this strengthen a little as we head towards this evening.

I've been back in Greenwich the last couple of hours and we have just had snow flurries on and off 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Coming down heavier, in Lee. Strong and gusty wind too, whipping up snow, from trees and roofs.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Snowing in RP after a day of melt!

The south London streamer in full flow I hope!

-2.3C

Edited by mulzy
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Light snow in Epsom, would be a blizzard if it was heavier as the wind is VERY strong!! Is this the start of a Storeamer or just a random?!x

EDIT: Sun's now out again :wallbash::rofl:

Edited by weathergeek

Posted
1 minute ago, Southender said:

Not sure what ARPEGE is smoking but it is going for 2-4cm across the region by tomorrow evening

8972_lxi6.png

Seems in line with the potential a few others on here have mentioned RE met office guidance

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

I think you guys in Farnham might be in the action soon !! Winds a lot stronger blowing the showers more inland

Posted
3 minutes ago, Southender said:

Not sure what ARPEGE is smoking but it is going for 2-4cm across the region by tomorrow evening

8972_lxi6.png

Certainly a possible amount of snow there are quite a few models that are developing an area snow on Thursday morning into the afternoon. And it takes quite some time to move on so you can like probably won't be particularly heavy any point it's still be enough to start to accumulate and Sub-Zero temperatures. Quite a few of the high resolution models agree with this and gfs to some extent has come on board and the ecm has been on board for quite some time and it's going for several inches where the snow pretty widely across the whole of the South but particularly focusing on areas of the West of this area like Hampshire Surrey and West Sussex. Areas that so far have not had that much in the way of snow.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Very windy and bitterly cold in Brighton , temp been -2 for most of the day , few clouds bubbling up now but no snow at all today .But I have to say I have been really impressed with this spell of weather so far , been great ?

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, craigore said:

About 4cm here last night on top of the 3cm from previous nite.

Nothing Epic but fun to be had.

Bck down to -2.4 here now so first ice day this year nailed i would think. ( rose to 0.4c yesterday)

Back garden still good cover.

Front patchy in Sun.

20180228_081814.jpg

You've got a big garden ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat
13 minutes ago, pages said:

This evening looking better than I thought, Estuary is creating its own light Thames streamer, and them big blobs are heading towards us hopefully if winds hold when they hit the mouth  which is slightly warmer we should see the yellow and orange colours.

image.thumb.png.53a8285859dce536e0cdd7df824842bc.png

We've had a couple of heavyish showers recently and some others passing close by. Here's hoping! 

Posted

Everything heading to the south of me now. This event just keeps turning out to be a huge let down for us west of London.

If the low tomorrow / Friday doesn’t deliver, I’ll be glad to see Spring!

Don’t want to sound gloomy, but for this part of the region, it’s been absolute crap!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

To me the Dutch radar seems to be struggling with the direction?

Dutch Radar

Compared to Netweather Radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

light blizzard, i mean small flakes in plenty of wind

motspur park

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Just had a mini blizzard which had left a fresh cover but the wind's blown it all against the fence.. shows how powdery the snow is.

• Like 1