Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

6 minutes ago, throwoff said:

METO seem to think that's our lot for Kent and Medway.

The warnings have all been pulled with the exception of a yellow ice warning (not a shock with this much snow to melt and -4 temps!)

BBC are still saying Medway will get heavy snow from 1pm, nobody else agrees!

Been a really nice event though, first snow day in many years.

Tomorrow is another Day, let alone Friday :D....It's been fun and not over yet.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Keith McKay said:

Possibly although how the METO have cancelled the yellow weather warning, just as the heaviest snow to hit central London in years hits us...I don't know! Just read that the Thames Streamer has got another 90 minutes in it according to Steve Murr. Guessing that won't benefit you?

No it won't, but I am certainly not complaining!

Been a great few days of snow. I would of course like a couple more days of work though :D

• Like 1
Just now, Kent Blizzard said:

Tomorrow is another Day, let alone Friday :D....It's been fun and not over yet.

While I will keep a little hope the MET seem to have nailed this nearly spot on so far.

06 models are still looking good for Western areas for snow tomorrow. Even the conservative gfs is starting to move towards that point of view but still much weaker than the other models, I suspect it's probably playing catch-up. 

Western parts beat although there will probably still be some snow further East but not enough to warrant too much of a warning. 

Further West it really depends on how far the front moves across our area still some uncertainty on that one as well but I think anywhere between 2 to 5 cm looks realistic at the moment could be more if the system is slightly further East than currently predicted. That doesn't include any potential snow on Friday either could get another 2 to 5 centimetres from that front as well

Beaut of a day here,freezing cold,sun out,and I have icicles,been lovely to have lying snow for 2 days now,not a lot mind,missed the heavy shower train mon night,and last night,very frustrating,when 2 miles up the road is being pummeled,now winds are not favourable for me,hopeful of seeing something more organized tomoz and friday,but haven't been in the mad thread to check

1 minute ago, throwoff said:

While I will keep a little hope the MET seem to have nailed this nearly spot on so far.

What are you viewing from the Met Office then? They seem to still have us for tomorrow 10am till 3pm and then late Friday Night

3 minutes ago, throwoff said:

METO seem to think that's our lot for Kent and Medway.

The warnings have all been pulled with the exception of a yellow ice warning (not a shock with this much snow to melt and -4 temps!)

BBC are still saying Medway will get heavy snow from 1pm, nobody else agrees!

Been a really nice event though, first snow day in many years.

Yes,

I think that's it now, for us south of the Thames. As Paul S., said earlier, flow now seems to be from the ESE, should eventually get round to SE, which unfortunately, will kill convection, for the great majority of us. Very dry, bitterly cold flow, coming up at us, from NE France/Belgium.

Attention turns to tomorrow/Fri, now. Let's hope we all see some more snow, in the next 48 hours or so.

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Kent Blizzard said:

What are you viewing from the Met Office then? They seem to still have us for tomorrow 10am till 3pm and then late Friday Night

We are only under a snow warning Thursday now, everything else has gone!

2 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Weird, I'm on my laptop and reading the warnings for Fri and Sat ( same event etc )

Ah yeah, you have to check the blobs on the map itself, if it touches the far west corner of the south east it shows us in the text, the warning actually is nowhere near though.

For Kent our only active warnings are now Friday, snow yellow and Sat, Ice yellow.

Edit - Of course I say this and go back to forecast as there are now a couple of dozen snow symbols spread out for the next few days...!

Edited by throwoff

Southend snow machine has shut down for the winter now :sorry:

Absolute scenes the last couple of days, so no complaints. :D

Perhaps a little top up Thur/Fri but that is looking like a glance rather than a blow before we slowly return to normal over the weekend and wave goodbye to winter for this year.

Edited by Southender
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Heavy snow shower here, a bone chilling -2C at lunchtime! Pretty decent cold spell for the end of February.

That’s an understatement -3.1C wtf... indeed. Never known it this late. Wind is whipping it up too. :) 

I must have 3-4”....

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

Clouds are a little less fluffy and slightly darker but still some excellent sunshine here... I assume horley has snow though... ?

I'm in London Bridge GP, experienced some insane snow this morning here. Seems to be following me around!

• Haha 1