Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Some photos from the last couple of days. Near Bewl Water in East Sussex.

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Will do updates through the day and tonight no more snow expected today although some hinting at some showers breaking out albeit light and very hit and miss 

Got a feeling that we will miss that lot tommorow coming up from the south.also in east berks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to believe that some places just down the coast from here have only had a dusting and yet here on sheppey it got down to  - 9.9 last night and we have this all schools shut for a second day does anyone know if we will get anymore from thurs/Fri. 

IMG_20180228_071858.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning all,

It will be interesting to see what happens to the lying snow today, here in Westcliff we probably got another 6cms over night, so getting quite a decent depth now, by the end of yesterday about half the depth had 'disappeared'.  We did not make an ice day yesterday, maybe we will today... will try and measure the snow depth shortly, NW does not like my photos so can't upload any pics.

FC

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Stelling Minnis, Kent Downs -14.7. 

Drove home from Heathrow late last night after business trip to Munich. Blizzard conditions M20 between Maidstone and ashford, lorry drivers far too fast and consequently had to navigate a jack knifed lorry almost completely traversing the motorway between J8 and 9. Idiots!!!! 

Came off at J9 (had to another accident) and drove through ashford and A20 towards Folkestone on lovely virgin snow and no traffic. 

F3690D68-CD1C-4FB9-98C6-CC421DEB4C3A.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, frozencanals said:

Morning all,

It will be interesting to see what happens to the lying snow today, here in Westcliff we probably got another 6cms over night, so getting quite a decent depth now, by the end of yesterday about half the depth had 'disappeared'.  We did not make an ice day yesterday, maybe we will today... will try and measure the snow depth shortly, NW does not like my photos so can't upload any pics.

FC

Have you got an iPhone FC?

If you have take the picture, then screenshot that picture, that seems to make it small enough to upload from a phone.

Looking beautiful out there, hoping for a cloudy day to preserve the snow pack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, k66yla said:

The sky is clear as anything but its snowing very lightly. Whats that all about? and no its not blowing off the roof or anything.

It is here too. We couldn’t work it out! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, k66yla said:

The sky is clear as anything but its snowing very lightly. Whats that all about? and no its not blowing off the roof or anything.

Ice crystals in the air.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Southender said:

Have you got an iPhone FC?

If you have take the picture, then screenshot that picture, that seems to make it small enough to upload from a phone.

Looking beautiful out there, hoping for a cloudy day to preserve the snow pack.

image.thumb.png.1383bdac6f148854378be62caff59402.png  terrible picture...   

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bob Lee said:

What had thawed in Herne Bay was replaced overnight by hours and hours on off moderate to heavy falls the UKMO put Amber alert up as it was coming so it caught them off guard 

Made a Change ..... a welcome one at that but it won't stop them idiots driving like idiots or venturing out when there's no need to

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...