Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

Just now, Daniel* said:

Now this is turning into a memorable cold spell for me coming down unrelenting London a standstill... :) 

Speak for yourself

Nothing here 

A bit of slight snow but it's been like that for ages 

1 minute ago, lewis028 said:

Anyone in London? How’s it looking there..

Central: Nothing just a few flakes

Though south and east of central appears to be getting a hammering 

Sigh 

• Like 1

Sadly stopped in Locksbottom and that looks like it as nothing on radar and wind switched to ESE pretty quickly so it looks like NE London could get a decent fall in next hour.Good Luck for those and everyone else

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

Speak for yourself

Nothing here 

A bit of slight snow but it's been like that for ages 

You’re near to me? It’s coming... :) 

6 minutes ago, lewis028 said:

Anyone in London? How’s it looking there..

Heavy snow arrived in SW London, near Richmond. Solid 7 or 7.5 on the SM scale, although i forget the exact classifications...

Roads turned white, everything else patched up and filled in after the heavy shower earlier.

Now the question is how long do i stay up watching...

38 minutes ago, wellington boot said:

Wow, didn't realise you suffered from melt in Tonbridge so badly. Thought that wasnt an issue today even in the Tonbridge crater... Still seems you've prob done relatively well though.

Yeah it melted fairly readily once the sun popped its face out...   

we've had a nice top up again though so fingers crossed it holds tomorrow as it’s clear skies forecast. 

7 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

Central: Nothing just a few flakes

Though south and east of central appears to be getting a hammering 

Sigh 

When will ppl on here learn their lesson?! You really have to be patient and save your judgements till the event is over. Yes maybe you won't get anything significant - always a real risk in central London regardless - but now is not the time to make that assessment.

Still plenty of potential for some heavier showers to catch you and a whole stream of showers out to the NE which could yet fall WSW and hit central (and hopefully SW...) London.