Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Just now, Sno' problem said:

London is about to get a dumping it seems! I haven't had such pleasure in watching moderate/heavy ppn heading towards me in the knowledge that it WILL fall as snow!! What fun!! :D

Is this a Thames streamer setting up? :shok:

D48F9F29-6ED2-43B3-B888-078C336EDABE.thumb.png.d31d0b12b1b89d13f4d564882ea85a9a.png

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

Just now, Daniel* said:

Is this a Thames streamer setting up? :shok:

D48F9F29-6ED2-43B3-B888-078C336EDABE.thumb.png.d31d0b12b1b89d13f4d564882ea85a9a.png

Is the wind not due to switch SSE or SE soon? If so would imagine any streamer would be brief...I would love to be wrong! I'm bordering on excited!

1 minute ago, londonblizzard said:

Can anyone estimate the depth of snow for central London from this incoming precip? Or how long it might last?

1-3cm   from this shower 

and 1cm maybe 2 from the clump behind it

Edited by Lampostwatcher
  • Like 1
Just now, londonblizzard said:

Can anyone estimate the depth of snow for central London from this incoming precip? Or how long it might last?

5-10cm+ I sense seeing how this is developing a big surprise! 

We officially have a Thames Streamer. Essex Weather Centre refers to North Sea off Essex coast and Thames Estuary as having lit up and being snow machines. If winds stay favourable as expected this could cause rush hour disruption. MetO need to extend warning into London.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

I think as long as PPN holds together your ok for a possible cm - I know its not huge :( but nice to see - it also *may* fizzle out

EFB7FBD8-D00B-4B31-B6CE-ED43582A3B2B.thumb.png.e75d71b65e57d1c4ef5ce8ab6cf81fb4.png

Hm, a bit conservative no? I'm in Richmond myself and watching closely, and so far it seems to be sticking together quite well and maintaining intensity, and I'm thinking lucky parts of West London could get that big yellow blob. Together with leading and trailing edges etc, that has to amount to 1-2 inches...

Orientation seems to be WNW on one viewing, but if you watch the energy, you can see that still has slightly more WSW tilt to it. Plus the models have tended to show it veering more to the southeast eventually after riding over the hump.

We'll have to see if it does keep its course and intensity obviously, but IF it does, i reckon there might be a bit more than a cm in there.

In any case it's already hit eastern half of London and will disrupt the city and embarrass the metoffice amusingly.

• Like 1