Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Curious - why is it that the echoes seem to fade when making landfall over Essex, yet rumble on (and even intensify) over North Kent, and go on to reach Sussex? If its all easterly now, shouldn't it be the other way round?

Edited by tasty_snacks
  • Like 1
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Some photos from the last couple of days. Near Bewl Water in East Sussex.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, snowbob said:

How long you reckon mate

got to be up at 5 for Work 

worth staying up

Slow moving give it a hour or two more coming in behind too! If I were you I’d set an alarm for 2.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Paul Sherman said:

Shower in SE Essex pretty much dying whereas over the Estuary fun and games near Herne Bay with some strong echoes

Well that last clump just disintegrated in the estuary in its attempt to head towards London. The next lot are looking good though, is this some sort of a trough or little disturbance there to our east?

A form of Thames streamer is imminent I reckon. There is a lot of activity in the Thames Estuary and Essex and S Suffolk coasts, plus stronger echoes from the radar as the ppn moves West through North Kent. Nice!

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, pages said:

Snowray to you have the midnight to 3am Euro4. your top chart is 9pm-midnight, bottom 3am-6am

No, but heres the PPN charts, they don't have a rain/snow chart for 3am.

18022800_2718-1.gif

18022803_2718.gif

18022806_2718-1.gif

Just now, paget said:

Does anyone else think those showers may pass over me (Farnham, Surrey) so snow starved! So this would be an unexpected treat! 

Really should be asleep! 

Looks like we are in the same boat in terms of snow! 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, tasty_snacks said:

Curious - why is it that the echoes seem to fade when making landfall over Essex, yet rumble on (and even intensify) over North Kent, and go on to reach Sussex? If its all easterly now, shouldn't it be the other way round?

Its all just part of the mystery of it all, like how winds have stayed North Easterly and even Northerly virtually non stop for almost 2 days out in the estuary and when we do get a straight easterly London gets drizzle because uppers are too high! 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Looks like we are in the same boat in terms of snow! 

Possibly. Epsom more chance than Farnham, at least to get it sooner [obviously], but Farnham, where i once lived, might. I remember looking for snow showers from the East / North East, one winter. Success! 

Edited by Come rain snow or shine
typo
  • Like 1

interesting looking at south East coast showers are streaming in on East South Easterly. Models may of underestimated showers from that direction with short sea track. but Channel is slightly warmer so maybe negating it. look at the band heading up from Hythe up toward Tonbridge then on towards Crawley.

• Like 1