Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Genuine question (though probably the wrong thread, but this is the only place I post): this very fine powdery snow seems to me to have quite a distinct, almost chemical smell. Have never noticed this with snowfall in the past. We have an enclosed basement terrace which is thick with snow and I notice it every time I go out there (it's not normally stinky, I promise!) Is there any  scientific basis to this, or am I just going a bit potty?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Well, looks like another pasting for us in Ashford again! 

Hoping for another inch or so but to be honest, bunked off today I’ve got to get s..t done tomorrow! 

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lol yep like the Pembrokeshire Dangler (Thats a real term) from North to South.

The summer one from France is a Kent Clipper

Give it time, we will be in the game soon enough...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
1 minute ago, Azores Hi said:

Well, looks like another pasting for us in Ashford again! 

Hoping for another inch or so but to be honest, bunked off today I’ve got to get s..t done tomorrow! 

What you trying to say... are you getting bored of snow already?!

[Angry waving of fists]

Posted
3 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Must have missed you then.....

I just checked the timing. It did hit! It left a covering. I completly missed it haha. 

There is a massive blob of precipitation hopefully which will hit crawley. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
3 minutes ago, kate1 said:

Genuine question (though probably the wrong thread, but this is the only place I post): this very fine powdery snow seems to me to have quite a distinct, almost chemical smell. Have never noticed this with snowfall in the past. We have an enclosed basement terrace which is thick with snow and I notice it every time I go out there (it's not normally stinky, I promise!) Is there any  scientific basis to this, or am I just going a bit potty?

Think you're just begin a bit metal lol. It is just frozen water - don't think it's cold enough to free polltion particles lol. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Has anyone got one of these? Temp and humidity seem fine but pressure is way off! It's been set up since 10:00am so it's had time to settle. There's no adjustment possible either...

IMG_20180227_194024.jpg

Posted
15 minutes ago, Southender said:

Told you my drawing was spot on!

Amazing! Heaviest snow in years I’ve seen. Pic doesn’t do it justice . You were spot on mate. 1 inch in 35 mins! 

0ECAE741-B2D7-4E18-8005-6C3C2BDCE54D.jpeg

Edited by c00ps
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything
2 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

What you trying to say... are you getting bored of snow already?!

[Angry waving of fists]

Lol, I’ll never get bored, had a blast today but when you run your own business it all becomes a bit more serious. 

• Like 2

Posted

Had an amazing day with the girls first snow today. Grateful for that. Any more is obviously extremely welcome but if me getting no more meant others got some Id take that. 

Spread the snow !

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Just started snowing here again in St leonards-on-Sea. Had 5cms of level snow on a flat surface from the snowfall earlier today.

I've got a hospital appointment in Sidcup at 10am tomorrow but cancelling that having seen the footage of the A21 on the news earlier. Currently -2.5c here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

hello guys , what an amazing night and day it was , Loads of snow falling massive big flakes too , This afternoon the showers stopped and the sun really melted the snow , walked back from work at 6pm and the pavements were so slippery , going to be a nightmare in The morning .Anyway my question is have we got anything in store tonight ? Love from Brighton 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Just had a brief, moderate-heavy shower. It begins! (Unfortunately I can't stay up tonight, so I have set my alarm for 4:45).

Posted
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
11 minutes ago, kate1 said:

Maybe a modest dash of the intensive farming pongs from Holland and industrial stinks from elsewhere?

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowy weather said:

How's it looking for Crawley?  

You should hopefully catch the shower train moving through Maidstone area soon, if it can hold together.

Posted

Ive got a short video (only 4 secs) of the heavy snow but it won’t oet me upload. Any ideas how to shrink the size? 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

This looks like a classic Kent Dangler, clips the Suffolk Coast then 10 miles offshore from the Essex Coast and down through Mid Kent and out to sea east of Brighton

yep  Mid/East Kent going hammered more for next couple hours intensity going to ramp up as pressure and DAM drop and  they have a converge zone moving slowly west over next 3 hours. us north of the river and further West might get a brief period around 10-11 for some heavy showers then after that light showers for all as winds veer from SE and reduced sea track reduces convection. tonight looking very good for Norfolk and further up east coast, unfortunately for us West Essex and north London the wind direction is not right.

Its a shame tomorrow late morning and all afternoon has perfect winds for Thames Streamer and minus 14 uppers but the DAM has increased by then to limit convection thou we will probably get light showers.

arpege-2-7-0.png?27-16

arpege-2-10-0.png?27-16

arpege-8-7-0.png?27-16

arpege-8-8-0.png?27-16

arpege-8-9-0.png?27-16

• Like 1