Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Latest guidance calls for all snow, heavy at times combined with 25-45mph winds on Thursday for the entire Southeast (relevant warning issued about an hour ago - https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?region=se&date=2018-03-01&regionType=area ) and more of the same on Friday (relevant warning updated to expand Southeast a few minutes ago - https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?region=se&date=2018-03-02&regionType=area ) and the potentially more of the same on Saturday before milder air arrives (relevant warning issued a few minutes ago - https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?region=se&date=2018-03-03&regionType=area ).

Confidence:

Thu  -85%

Fri - 70%

Sat - 60%

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

Wow, a lot changed over London area since I left for work at 11.30am. Loads of snow showers spreading west of London, drove through several going across south London, down the A3 than round the M25 to Heathrow where I work. Love the 'snow curtains' marking the front of the showers before going in a visibility reducing.

Hopefully those who missed out in London are a little more happy now, though showers only giving a dusting for now.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Wow, a lot changed over London area since I left for work at 11.30am. Loads of snow showers spreading west of London, drove through several going across south London, down the A3 than round the M25 to Heathrow where I work. Love the 'snow curtains' marking the front of the showers before going in a visibility reducing.

Hopefully those who missed out in London are a little more happy now, though showers only giving a dusting for now.

Still got no more than a couple of flakes floating through the air here...

Crazy snow shower just passed through where my Mum lives (Ashford, Middlesex). Covered surfaces in minutes, but then calmed down  :wallbash: 24 hours of that and we’d be sorted!

9A16719F-D192-4A3D-B322-7CE831E2FAE5.jpeg

EF448D36-51D5-44BF-9EE0-266F99AD8ADC.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke

The odd flake still falling,over 5hrs since I got up,and was snowing hard then,so no idea how long it has gone on for,great stuff,sun out a little bit,melting the snow,boo,waiting for some more hopefully later and overnight

• Like 1
3 hours ago, wellington boot said:

Exactly, and look how it's hitting those areas a bit further south... T Wells down to Bewl getting pummeled... Always the same...

Yea you was right.. I haven't done too bad tbh here...where you now still that way.. Looks like we have break.. Maybe more later this evening? 

_20180227_131529.JPG

_20180227_131620.JPG

1 minute ago, snowrye said:

The odd flake still falling,over 5hrs since I got up,and was snowing hard then,so no idea how long it has gone on for,great stuff,sun out a little bit,melting the snow,boo,waiting for some more hopefully later and overnight

The temperature must have crept above freezing where you are? Otherwise it wouldn’t be melting.

• Like 1

Still -0.8c in the shade in Southend. But that sun is really getting to work on the snow pack, drip, drip.

Roads will be lethal after dark with temperatures down to -7c or even lower in some spots.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

The temperature must have crept above freezing where you are? Otherwise it wouldn’t be melting.

-2 on the pier! Or their station has issues! 

Edited by tomp456