Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Some photos from the last couple of days. Near Bewl Water in East Sussex.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Come rain snow or shine said:

Be patient. You might well get some more, soonish. You could go to the top of Folly Hill and experience more.

I'm trying to be patient I promise! ?

New Warning just issued for Thursday!

Between 09:00 Thu 1st and 23:55 Thu 1st

There is potential for a spell of snow, which could become heavy in places, accompanied by strong winds, to move slowly north from Thursday morning onwards. Delays and cancellations to public transport are possible, as are delays to travel on roads; some stranding of vehicles and passengers could also occur. Some rural communities could become cut off. Interruptions to power supplies and mobile phone coverage are also possible.

Chief Forecaster's assessment

A weather system is expected to move slowly north through Thursday, initially affecting the south east of the warning area before intensifying and pushing north across the rest of the warning area later on. As it comes into contact with the very cold air resident over the UK, it has potential to produce widespread snow, accompanied by strong to gale force winds. This warning has been updated to include earlier snowfall in the southeast, and to extend the area slightly further north. The confidence level has increased, whilst the impact level has been reduced - a separate, smaller area of higher impacts is catered for with an Amber warning.

• Like 4
53 minutes ago, Snowpuff said:

I hope that all see some snow tonight. When those really brutal 850s come over the north sea later, we should see a jump up in convection and then hopefully more snow!!! I've got just over 1cm covering here in margate, but better than Ive had in 5 years! Hoping cloud continues to build so the sun doesnt melt what's already there! 

I feel your pain after living in Thanet for 20 yrs. Amazing how just up the road we have 7/8 cm. Good luck for later!

• Thanks 1

Still snowing in northiam,ive been up since 8,and it was snowing then,incredible stuff,not always heavy,far from it at times,but great to see,how I wish the yellows and reds would be directly over me,but hey ho,ive always been greedy,just hoping to be in the firing line later a bit more