Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Some photos from the last couple of days. Near Bewl Water in East Sussex.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Southender said:

Correct. Similar positioning to last night, perhaps a touch further west with a more E'ly flow overnight. Maidstone closed!

That fills me with dread.  I have 18cms and adding that on to what we have is not good for here. 

• Like 1

Strength of the sun. The drip is probably coming from dark coloured objects that absorb the wavelength of the sun (the same way solar panels work), this raises their temperature slightly and hence the drip.

By the way, still heaving down here with a temp of -2.3c but dark coloured things (roads etc) are wet.

Edited by warrenb
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Come rain snow or shine said:

Lol you happy now? You were snowless and on edge last night.  Then the flurries started, late, and you cheered up. 

Only if we end up with a blizzard on Thursday. 

Am never satisfied. 

;) 

• Like 1

The dusting we got in Dover has all but melted already. I hope we have a chance of proper snow still, not really fancying our chances just now. I know what a streamer can deliver like the few we had in the early 2010's so it is a little gutting that it missed us this time!

1 minute ago, Kent Blizzard said:

If anyone has a spare reindeer I'd appreciate it, last couple hours have been chaos around here in Boxley!

Yeah, I'll just send them along. 

Which one would you like? Vixen? Comet? Rudolph? (Although he's a right pain) 

1 minute ago, snowbob said:

Would that have a more easterly flow to it

or same again

Posted wrong chart. Looks like a trough moving through on perhaps an W-WNW angle as winds back towards ESE

• Thanks 1