Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Some photos from the last couple of days. Near Bewl Water in East Sussex.

Posted Images

snow over southend alligned to SE London / SE essex

may see a covering out towards surrey when it tracks through

my house is by the M20 sign

everywhere shut

57AD48F8-E50E-4219-95D8-60A6439CADF2.thumb.png.1083b2148f61e9546916bfc0c7b54035.png

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Southender said:

Well ARPEGE & NMM & HIRLAM all going for some more significant snow overnight....

Could you post the charts?

11 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

I'll wave to you along the M25 as I head from clouding over Surbiton to as you say, probably sunny Heathrow and then Uxbridge. Under the new thread titles, I suppose I should post in the other one while I'm at work? :D

We’ll let you off, as when I’m at Heathrow I’ll probably be posting in here, despite technically being north of the Thames, time to leave the snow behind.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 1

Think thats it for now,really hoping the sun doesn't melt anything,but it's just showing its face now,although it looks pretty,I want it to stay behind the clouds lol,please channel,come to life again quickly,im greedy and I want more

• Like 1

Thought I’d do a bit of good old fashioned snow chasing, given that it’s so local. Balcombe/Hayward’s Heath. -2c. Beaut.

BTW BBC Five Live just now saying likely snow Thurs/Fri and cold into and beyond the weekend, ‘hopeful’ of a return to more average conditions ‘later next week’ and these ‘blocks cause the models problems. It tends to last at least two weeks’. More interest to follow I suspect. 

42772CB5-4A45-4C91-AD5A-54D89C97EC31.jpeg

2E0EDDDD-208A-4698-B8B5-E0A384B79211.jpeg

• Like 3

A picture looking North from Greatstone beach this morning with dry powdery snow (can't believe I'm typing that). The lower cloud you can see in the picture is where showers were forming in the bay between here and Hythe/Folkestone to the North. Amazing to watch and kept the snow going for a couple of extra hours in Greatstone as a result

IMG_0040.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1