Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Sunnny skies on and nothing on the ground here in Kingston upon Thames. Not sure if we are due anything today but heading to work! 

1 minute ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Nobody had thundersnow yet? A few lightning strikes showing on Netweather radar! 

We did last night

It's no 2010! Now that was some snow....

But it's the best we'v had for a few years and I have a snow day, so no complaints. Except that it's too powdery to build a snowman. 

1 minute ago, Lauren said:

It's no 2010! Now that was some snow....

But it's the best we'v had for a few years and I have a snow day, so no complaints. Except that it's too powdery to build a snowman. 

Must be in a sweet spot here in Sittingbourne have so much more than in 2010

Another 24 hours until wind changes to more easterly? Much the same as said yesterday for today. Snow not delivering for most places

BIG flakes falling now.

Sun is out though so won't last long. 

Edit: Looked at radar, on the edge of a streamer. Might stick around for a bit, 

Woo.

Edited by tomp456

About to go over the Thames on my train. I’ll make sure I flick the streamer switch as I do. Clearly it has to be down to me ;) 

Hoping the precip just off the coast of Suffolk/Essex holds as that could have my name on it (Wainscott, Medway). 

Seem to be on the very edge of the mid Kent streamer, odd light showers with the occasional moderate burst. 

20180227_091019.thumb.jpg.c727ab5d9ef6b621edc74847364278ee.jpg20180227_091013.thumb.jpg.753bee1b3bc4daf501175ab3b188ea79.jpg

Not much admittedly, could just about sledge, good snowballing though. Hoping for more overnight and tomorrow morning. Surprisingly bbc (crappy) app is showing good snow for thanet tomorrow.

25 minutes ago, craigore said:

How did you fair.??

Nothing so far it's sunny here but expecting some:)

Just very pleased for you guys, enjoy:cold-emoji:

Edited by Frosty.

So far this is definitely not an 'historic nationwide event' that many people had been going on about last week. Still a few days left though, let's see 

good to see so many of you have snow

Nothing here in Motspur Park. Waiting for that easterly ....

Heaviest snow we've had so far falling now.... 

Edit: Stopped again. 

Edited by tomp456

Hastings winter wonderland right to seafront.. jealous.

C530DB5B-8920-4F25-9BF5-9EC43F8DC77A.thumb.jpeg.40298f1c5b5c83397d43ef5e7117eb73.jpeg9C076539-71F8-42F2-BD67-D1E6D842DF4B.thumb.jpeg.049b205c048ff9186ac9839978e9ecb8.jpeg

Morning all.

Woke up to an inch or so in Brighton this morning.. yep.  Many schools are closed, my son's is not one of them, I made him go and only 9 people turned up in his class so I won't be winning any mum of the year rewards in his eyes.

Still snowing!  Albeit very light.  Looking on the radar, we are still in todays streamer.  How is it looking for today, is it just a case of seeing what pops up?  Is it due to die down? 

1 minute ago, CrimsonSunset said:

So far this is definitely not an 'historic nationwide event' that many people had been going on about last week. Still a few days left though, let's see 

pretty embarrassing really

some folk on here look like real spanners...  

feel sorry for the ones that told it like it was but got shot down because they weren’t forecasting feet of snow.

yamkin’s tweeting of the bbc was laughable 

Absolutely chucking it down again!

Heavy snow again now.

local kids loving it. LOads on way to park for the Winter Olympics. 

Temp -3.1C

28 minutes ago, TN9 said:

I only just scraped in there..cor did come down though :-)  

_20180227_084537.JPG

Exactly, and look how it's hitting those areas a bit further south... T Wells down to Bewl getting pummeled... Always the same...