Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

1 minute ago, jodaw84 said:

While everyone else enjoys more snow, what's the thoughts on tonight? I think thats it for today for East Kent. I know you shouldn't really trust it but the met office app looks better tonight than last night. 

I think you might cop a few more before midnight after a lull this afternoon 

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

So peps woke up to fairly heavy snow.

First lying snow for 5 years so its been a wait. Approx 3-4cm on flat areas.

Met app has me down for 4#5 hrs of heavy snow tonite. Does anyone know where this is coming from or is it a case of shower activity again. If so then thats just pot luck. According to heart radio some places have 15 cm this morning , they must be in the sweetspot..

Temp dropped to -3.2 

Currently -1.3. Will we get an ice day ??

Im not confident we will.

Few pics for you guys that wernt so lucky. ( dont give up yet as i think we still have 1 or 2 chances.).

1519721431918-1969382444.jpg

1519721465510-1997668241.jpg

• Like 5
1 minute ago, LightningLover said:

Dare I say 2010 springs to mind?

I wasn't living down here then but my friends were and I think we have some way to go yet to equal that. I've seen photo's of their garden with 9 inches of level snow on flat surfaces, that was an exceptional spell.

We can but hope :)

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Looks fantastic for you guys in the SE corner on the latest radar, lines of heavy snow showers and bitterly cold..so pleased for you southeast coldies!:cold-emoji::)

Pleased for my kids.

Think they had forgotten wot it looked like & daddy kept saying it would come but it never did . So im in the good books this morning 

How did you fair.??

Edited by craigore
  • Like 1

Well, after some thought, I've cancelled my annual leave today and currently on the train to London.   You just watch winds veer ENE and dump a load of snow on SE London.  You can thank me later for the sacrifice I have made! ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just a dusting here in Chafford/Grays this morning. The car thermometer says -3c so pretty chilly. Watching the radar last night was disappointing, I think Grays is slightly too far inland as all the showers seemed to be skimming us by. Hoping the wind changes to favour us a little more. Any chance I might see something more significant?