Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

1 minute ago, Neilsouth said:

Poxy weather can't even keep a decent snow shower going for more than 30mins :(

If it was longer than 30 minutes, it wouldn't be a shower :D

Unless anything’s changed the met office were always going for 2am for it to really kick in. This evening is just a bonus 

• Like 2

Met seem pretty confident of the more organised bands of ppn coming off the North Sea with ENE winds from 2am given the amber warning, I’d expect the showers to start pepping up again closer we get to midnight

Edited by lewis028
  • Like 3

What's the latest forecast, is it supposed to intensify later or not until the morning, the forecast seems to have been continually evolving today and I have no idea what the latest thinking is?

3 minutes ago, throwoff said:

They said 5-10cm if it carry’s on like this all night we should comfortably build that kind of depth.

Yep, going good now :D

Amazing, you guys are psychic, you answered my question before I posted it. This forum really is stunning!

7 minutes ago, James Oliver said:

This wind direction is no good for me! 

Yep, think that's me out if it

Thanet -0.8c

Edited by A Wintry Mix

35 minutes ago, Marie said:

This is amazing , haven’t seen snow like this for a very long time .Love it x

A friend snapped this from his flat in Brighton

Snow, Brighton 26-2-18.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, John Hodgson said:

Just speaking from observation. I hope they are correct. 

Think the Amber starts from 2am so am guessing they are expecting an uptick in Convection when the Uppers are at the Maximum of -15c and 500mb heights lowest in the early hours.

But the good old saying holds true

The weather will do what the weather will do

• Like 3

The Fax charts for tonight and the shift in wind direction in the outer reaches of the Thames would suggest that things are still very much game on for North Kent, Essex, London, Surrey.... Let's see what tonight brings.

• Thanks 1

Heavy snow again in portslade , whiteout again .This is fantastic 👍😄

• Like 3

Think I need a brandy! Yes, I am where the red dot is; very frustrating! 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20180226-213738.png

• Like 2

Nothing here still...sky clear and star scattered

• Like 1

Folks, remember, the heavy stuff is eta 2am.  Good luck everyone, most of us will get a covering + (and that plus will be big in places) 

Enjoy the snow with friends and family 

V

• Like 2

Lol, just went for a walk and tried to take some pics. This is the best I could get cos it's snowing too hard 😂 (no such thing as "too hard" when it comes to snowfall! -)

Screenshot_2018-02-26-21-40-24.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Think the Amber starts from 2am so am guessing they are expecting an uptick in Convection when the Uppers are at the Maximum of -15c and 500mb heights lowest in the early hours.

But the good old saying holds true

The weather will do what the weather will do

Yep it most certainly will. I've spent too many years on this forum to get upset when it doesn't pan out. Well just about...

• Like 2

As annoying as the stop start thing is, I must say I have been very impressed with the intensitiy of these showers and the size of the flakes; we've had some very heavy bursts so far. Looks like a brief lull in the stream of showers at the moment, but lots more building...and of course the Amber warning hasn't even started yet! It's well and truly game on! :yahoo:

Edit - Forgot to say, in terms of depth I'd say we have close to 2cm at the moment. 

Edited by Ben Blizzard

2 minutes ago, TommyB said:

Think I need a brandy! Yes, I am where the red dot is; very frustrating! 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20180226-213738.png

Is that stuff in the channel making any progress towards us?! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Come rain snow or shine said:

You have a cloud?

very boring ones that wont snow :cold::wallbash:

latest 18z ICON model showers blizzards for us Friday 20cm plus over wide area staying cold with chance of another to follow later in weekend. however would take that with huge pinch of salt as won't know where low is going till about 24hours before and subject to change. but we are looking better than what was showing last night.

• Like 2