Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

10 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Plenty of twigs on the T+00 fax for 18z this evening

fax18z_260218.thumb.gif.baf6b86f2a8caf3d0b45e6115acb8a77.gif

Wind seems to be veering more from NE to ENE upstream over the S North Sea and Holland, so hopefully we may see the snow showers currently affecting coastal E Anglia, Kent and E Sussex perhaps shifting a little more inland toward the W in the night.

that fax chart surely puts many of us back in the game...

This is amazing , haven’t seen snow like this for a very long time .Love it x

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

Just saw on twitter convergence zone just a shy north of estuary...

Would that bring London and surrey in the game mate

Edited by snowbob

6 minutes ago, yamkin said:

PPN convergence in a few hours time which ties in with the MetO's Amber Warning :D Gritters out treating A & B routes and will be on standby :help:

Let’s hope so Yam as the radar is starting to look sparce

4E9750F8-DC76-4A18-838B-910573ABCCA5.png

And here we go again, home in Blackboys and it's just started up heavy again. Cracking stuff.

About a 25-minute clear-sky respite in Leigh-on-Sea, and the big fluffy flakes have started falling again. Lovely!

3 minutes ago, WeatherMoose said:

still sweet fa in worthing 

We’ve had a few flakes lol 

Really persistent snow in Hailsham. Everything covered.

• Like 1

Wow this shower is the real deal 10/10

Southend with about 1” and climbing every 20mins or so ❄️

• Like 1

Heavy Snow in Heathfield

Temp  -3.2C

Just now, Southender said:

Wow this shower is the real deal 10/10

Southend with about 1” and climbing every 20mins or so ❄️

Tell it to stay there mate. I’m just coming through Upminster, not far away now ❤️😍

Pressure falling here in Waltham abbey. Liking that trend

This is one of those nights I have a ton of paperwork/admin to do yet can’t pull myself away!

nothing to report here in Epsom, however I’m wondering whether we may in the early hours perhaps?

possible Thames streamer later tonight??

loving all the snow photos, and pleased those who missed out earlier are finally in the game ❄️🌬

• Like 1

@s murr can you advise think bexleheath could be in firing line tonite seems to be going ast us.........

4 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Really persistent snow in Hailsham. Everything covered.

I looked out and saw the snow start about half-hour back, sounds like I'd better go and look again.

Naff all here, hoping something will appear  at some point...! 

coming down again in Westcliff, I am close to calling a snow day tomorrow!!!

FC

I'll probably won't get no work done tonight if those showers head back west.. i'll be outside every five minutes watching the snow:crazy:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brenbrenbren said:

About a 25-minute clear-sky respite in Leigh-on-Sea, and the big fluffy flakes have started falling again. Lovely!

The difference a few miles make, in Southend it has been hammering it down for the past 20-30mins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A Wintry Mix said:

A lot of snow wasted in the channel 🤨

been like that all day.

Blackboys. Really good snowfall still, 50p sized flakes, lovely and dry and falling heavily. Looks to be about 4cm now on the garden table. Can't see the other half getting to London in the morning.