Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

4 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

Snowing welling..... winfld blowing hatd and driftingbso dry 

That's easy for you to say

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Snowing properly in TW now. Was so busy sulking that it wasn’t here yet I didn’t look out for half an hour or so. Everything is white! Yay! 

• Like 1

I’m glad I’m not the only one who appears to have had very little snow. Had better without any beast from the east...

Certainly is nippy mind! :cold:

Guys & Girls best throw the tail in for those in my zone as mentioned in previous post. Unless the wind veers more ene (bit like this morning) then it’s a bust.

And if you have hopes for actual settling snow then good luck I’m afraid a sugar dusting that lasts for a few mins (longer overnight) don’t count as a so called ‘Beast from the east’.

Edited by london-snow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Moderate snow shower here in Leigh, all surfaces white, that’s the base ready for the more prolonged showers later 😁

• Like 2

Snowing consistently now..1cm or more now, anybody downstream along the coastline should also do ok.

DSCF3050.JPG

• Like 6

Attention all members to the west of the region. I’ve just watched the radar loop and something interesting is happening around the wash. Precipitation is definitely building and moving south west. Now it may die as it progresses south, but certainly something to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

Almost -2c which I guess is impressive for here at this time of evening in late Feb. Or mid-winter even given the average. 

Really hoping for some for it to snow tonight. Fingers are crossed good luck everyone

What a shame.... looks like maybe anywhere west of Brighton might miss out.

off to watch paint dry I think, but before I’m off to church, going to throw in a prayer begging the powers to set up the convergence zone in the right place

Edited by tomp456

Bearing in mind how rubbish the BBC weather forecast and app has been in recent times who has complained?

If yes what has been the best point of contact?

Looks like all the gravy for the far SE for the next few hours. Long night ahead yet and we await the exact placement of the CV zone yet. 

935C309D-2124-41DB-811B-4BC5F710A208.png

Evening all,

Moderate snow falling here in Westcliff (the Essex one), my chances of getting to Gatwick by 5am tomorrow just took a bit of a hit, but looking good out there.  How is the Crawley/Gatwick/Reigate area doing at the moment?

Cheers

FC

1 minute ago, Azores Hi said:

Looks like all the gravy for the far SE for the next few hours. Long night ahead yet and we await the exact placement of the CV zone yet. 

935C309D-2124-41DB-811B-4BC5F710A208.png

Precisely.

The Convergence line might change orientation overnight and maybe that's the reason for the expansion West and southwest - seen Cz's move a lot on the US

• Like 2

Just now, frozencanals said:

Evening all,

Moderate snow falling here in Westcliff (the Essex one), my chances of getting to Gatwick by 5am tomorrow just took a bit of a hit, but looking good out there.  How is the Crawley/Gatwick/Reigate area doing at the moment?

Cheers

FC

Redhill here, can report nothing happening 

There is 1 very definite CZ already down the coast of Suffolk and Essex this will extend down into Medway Towns and further South West

• Like 1

moderate snow shower just went through. You could still see the moon and the stars! A very small dusting on certain surfaces.