Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Amazing sunset this evening. Reminds me of Lapland. Amazing colours

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Hit of the press ECM flows for 24/48/72 inc uppers

yes thats -16 Weds- Will be -4/-5 daytime outside of London

Flow is NE - So Thames Streamer tomorrow, 48 is same NE flow so continued Thames streamer more widespread due to instability

overnight Tues Winds swing E - Then SE, expect more widespread snow across the region

0A715F63-276A-49C3-B9B9-6FC42470BC02.thumb.png.ec1517c2b011fea5c7a19f892639a808.png1B57B2BC-05B8-4B97-A309-FEB0EDC0221A.thumb.png.1e0acbed7384fc1014c7e9d2cfe44c36.pngD79D1E95-1703-43F7-A05D-CA10F3D7BF5B.thumb.png.26c9dc24e7606e31034f332f41b2fa7b.png

152EDA79-1C81-4EA2-A9B5-B88F93347D46.thumb.png.1a61a700753722ddfc117f95c11c9b6d.png14514049-5081-4345-80EA-1FF9B4065590.thumb.png.f09069f8190a454253023ee4fa243f55.pngE5112A3D-2009-4D13-AB79-05D0C44C15B0.thumb.png.ee3d21a5b9a6e9c763c71e63597340a3.png

💣💣💣 that’s what we want to hear!!

18 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

wow.

Well, I might just add that I am a lurker and have very little knowledge - just in case I have made a school girl error! I got that from Wunderground in case that’s not a particularly reliable place? 

9 minutes ago, CI Weather said:

It’s perfect for us, we’re in prime position next few days.

Yay another islander? 

• Like 1

Met office app has changed for Thurs/Friday.. Snow. Symbols for 30hrs 12 of them heavy dread to think how much that could be

• Like 2

It feels perishing outside now. Heaven knows how it will feel from tomorrow onwards!

BBC showing no snow at all for next 24 hours for me. MetOffice only mentions light shower at about 3am and then nothing until tomorrow evening.

Edited by Lauren

The first vanguards of the cold have washed over us in Cambridge.

Starting about Five pm, I felt a change to a colder origin air

Temperature fell quickly from 3 to 0C here.

Dew point -8C

Are we pushing back the first snow showers? I think 8pm feels a little optimistic 

Be gutted if worthing gets nothing. The conditions are perfect, snow HAS to happen!

4 minutes ago, Arrows1986 said:

Can someone explain dewpoints..

I might have this a bit wrong, but it's the temperature at which the moisture in the air condensates onto objects on the ground.

Temp check

15:20 3.1c

16:20 1.3c

17:20 -0.1c

18:20 -1.0c

965127D1-6FDE-405C-89D6-1185897C6C0C.thumb.jpeg.8a42e5327873d3b2cc85c26e04253716.jpeg

good ECM tonight but also crazy !

S

• Like 4

Temp -0.1

Dew point -8

Feels Arctic already! Am not going to enjoy my job (working outside with horses) for the next 4-5 days! :cold:

1 minute ago, James Oliver said:

Are we pushing back the first snow showers? I think 8pm feels a little optimistic 

I think you are probs correct - but keep the faith looks like the supercharged chilled uppers can’t miss us !! I reckon 7am tomorrow lots of speckly showers over the Thames valley Home Counties region ..?

Just now, Retron said:

Wow - jackpot!

http://old.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack0a.gif

(That's a convegence line, rare as hen's teeth).

Yep, if it comes off then that is indeed jakcpot for Kent and out through Sussex! That line likely will wobble around depend on steering orientation and my gut is it will be in place decently before 00z Tuesday as well!

Personally that isn't at a bad angle for me either if it just lifted a little north.

Explains the amber warning upgrade.

• Like 3

I have a feeling Ely to Cambridge to Bedford (Royston incl - although altitude always helps that area) is going to be quite sheltered comparatively in the region - snow depths at least.

However, we have a very cold air mass hitting not so cold seas and the solar power is greater in late february.......so Im hoping showers are bulkier and meatier than normal (scientific terminology I know ;) )

Edited by Bryn Webster

1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Yep, if it comes off then that is indeed jakcpot for Kent and out through Sussex! That line likely will wobble around depend on steering orientation and my gut is it will be in place decently before 00z Tuesday as well!

Personally that isn't at a bad angle for me either if it just lifted a little north.

Explains the amber warning upgrade.

15 miles further north please.