Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

9 minutes ago, nicktabs said:

Are we sure it's over? Could pick up in the channel like earlier?

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 16.21.19.png

Yes but it would be rain/sleet

17 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

London City Airport just closed?

Yup, temporarily closed to clear the snow from the runway.

14 minutes ago, Come rain snow or shine said:

The Aldershot v Hatlepool game is off tomo. Tues night instead. Um, in case you're interested.

Erm nope.

• Haha 1

Anyone trying to get home to Surrey, Hampshire etc, London Waterloo will be closing at 6pm today.

3 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

532863F6-C25E-41E1-B4F8-B99D32816DB8.jpeg

Cheers. Last hurrah it is, then. On the plus side, the wife had to close her school and she took the kids sledging at Earlswood Common in the thick of it today - which means I can enjoy watching Fulham beat Derby in peace tomorrow! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Just got home- 

-2c

here & another 2/3cm on top of everything-

Hoping for posterity that the last yellow batch crosses this area to go out in style....

1308064B-9921-422E-B2D7-3788A2E9E776.thumb.png.deda30551de4a0e259793482ed1634a6.png

Just a quickie Steve, is that us pretty much wrapped up now then? Only earlier I'm sure I saw a post from you saying the heaviest snow was coming between 3pm and 7pm? I assume it's all pushed through quicker than expected? I'm happy either way, it's Friday and I've cracked open an early beer, just wondering as the radar still looks full of life to me......I probably need to refresh the page 😂

at least the big match at the kcom has survived the weather hull fc v warrington.leeds v catalan postponed.should be a big crowd at the kcom despite match being on sky.its not all bad news then.

• Like 1

We've had another 3-4 cm's of snow this afternoon - It's been quite heavy at times too and it's still snowing!!  

I kid you not the house across the road from me has a 5ft icicle hanging from it, was going to get a photo of it but it’s above there bedroom window and didn’t want to get caught pointing my lens at it!!!😭😭

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, paget said:

Will be looking forward to going out in it tomorrow as I’ve been stuck in all week! 

Better not have melted by then!! 

Better to go out early before it all turns to horrible slush!

8 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

532863F6-C25E-41E1-B4F8-B99D32816DB8.jpeg

It's coming down really heavy where I live in a village north of Wycombe... Roads here are white

Temperature here getting close to zero now with just the odd flake. Make the most of it today, temperatures are already up to 5/6c in Guernsey/Jersey and Le Harve.

Nice that most places in the region saw some snow today, 3cm for me which is good total on the coast here.

Come on Spring :)

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Nikkib74 said:

Just a quickie Steve, is that us pretty much wrapped up now then? Only earlier I'm sure I saw a post from you saying the heaviest snow was coming between 3pm and 7pm? I assume it's all pushed through quicker than expected? I'm happy either way, it's Friday and I've cracked open an early beer, just wondering as the radar still looks full of life to me......I probably need to refresh the page 😂

Yeah it was a 3-4 hour batch - depending on location

Mid kent done by 530-6

London 630-7 

North London/ home counties -730 

all approximations

• Like 2

There is light but persistent snow fall which started after 1pm and it is still falling. The time is 4:31pm.

7 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

Cheers. Last hurrah it is, then. On the plus side, the wife had to close her school and she took the kids sledging at Earlswood Common in the thick of it today - which means I can enjoy watching Fulham beat Derby in peace tomorrow! 

That’s where we were earlier. About to go again! 

It's gone quiet outside, but there is one final blast coming up on the radar and then winter will be done.

It's been fun!

I’ve done so well! 5cm today of fresh new snow and still it falls, some drifts of over a foot a surreal moment is this a dream? Usually is for someone in inner London. 

• Like 5

Well,thats it folks,had around 3cm here,a nice way for the beast to finish,although I have moaned a bit,purely from an imby snow depth perspective,this spell has been pretty good,ive seen falling snow for 5 days,although weds and thurs was about 2 flakes an hour,but im counting it,laying snow,which,unless it melts overnight,5 days,3 ice days,icicles,shame the sun melted alot of what fell monday night,tues morning,so a wintry week at long last,looking forward to next winter,fingers crossed it will be epic

• Like 4

It's been a great week and we have had some good bants, pics, ups, downs, toys the lot. Such a shame that next week this place will have tumbleweed in it. Until the summer T-Storms...

It's been emotional folks, Southender signing off to enjoy the last proper snow day of the winter. :friends::sorry:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, stubbys said:

I'm phoning the military now to get you to the shop, running out of beer is no joke, getting serious now !

Panic over I have beer!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Memphis snow said:

I kid you not the house across the road from me has a 5ft icicle hanging from it, was going to get a photo of it but it’s above there bedroom window and didn’t want to get caught pointing my lens at it!!!😭😭

Go on - be a devil ;)

Great top up of snow. Added another 2-3cms here in north London. 

Still snowing lightly.