Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

1 minute ago, DonnaThw said:

I might look younger but I don’t feel it, feeling sorry for myself but have a horrible cold

poor you!.. drink a lot of orange juice with the bits in and honey and lemon, it always works for me:)

4 minutes ago, turkishfella said:

radar shows precipitation for Brighton but nothing is falling from sky atm!!!

Snow is falling here , not loads but it’s been falling on and off for the last 2 hours 

Been snowing in Epsom for 4 hours now and right under the green area for 4 hours so got about 5cm now and more to follow,bring it on.

• Like 3

the met must be looking at that radar and wondering weather they need to act on the warnings as none of the models show the precip that far east

Just did a quick dash to the shop as needed milk. 

Did a snow angel in the road.

Im 3....2.

edited to add , that’s my kids snow angel. I’m not 3 foot nothing ...🤭

281065F8-69D8-4849-ADDC-B7A9AF72299F.jpeg

Edited by Daenerys
Fear of resembling a child
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Still going here too:)

While my son and I are overjoyed with the snow, we are worried as husband has a lunch time flight from Heathrow tomorrow to help his mother who is ill in Cyprus. Our side road is well covered now, wondering if Ewell Road and the other main ones will be in good shape come the morning. 

52 here, and feeling old.

Just stopped here , I’m sure Ewell Road should be fine as I can’t see this lasting all night , famous last words .

• Like 1

This is where we realise the METO have ballsed up massively and the whole lot over France now is actually going to dump 20-30cm on us instead of SW/Wales/IRL tomorrow. If only eh.

It should take a big old left turn soon enough. If not........

Edited by Southender
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Just bad luck / wind allignment

no other reason.

Sorry about that mate, just got frustrated :(

Thanks for the reply though.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mark said:

The difference 4 miles make! I'm about a 10 minute drive from there and it's quite calm here.

Seems to be the story of this week with a lot of people 

3 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

poor you!.. drink a lot of orange juice with the bits in and honey and lemon, it always works for me:)

Thanx for the tip. I do take vitc tablets but I will give honey a go I have a stash 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snowy weather said:

Sorry about that mate, just got frustrated :(

Thanks for the reply though.  

Are you close to Gatwick?

Shall we bother with the bbc weather anymore as they are the experts and said the wind would vear se and has pretty much stated east or north east all day hence all this snow which was not forecast 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

another blob heading our way :yahoo:

Edited by D.V.R

That little ink blob on the radar in France looks like it will be here much earlier then expected 

• Like 1

Crikey!! You lot, making me feel ancient. :D I'm an old f..t and was 62, last September, after not looking like,I would make it, to that age.

We've had a nice unexpected top up here in Lee, SE12, to increase the overnight snow ( also unexpected), to around, 2 inches, or so.

This is fast becoming one of my favourite Febs, for cold and snowy weather. Right up there, with the Febs of 1986 and 2005.

A few charts, from those months, below :

FEB 1986.

archives-1986-2-19-0-0.png

archives-1986-2-25-0-0.png

There wasn't copious amounts of snow but what fell, hung around for most of the month, not surprising with a CET of -1.1c, yes minus 1.1c!!

http://ukwinterhistory.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_of_1985-1986 

FEB 2005.

archives-2005-2-22-0-0.png

archives-2005-2-25-0-0.png

Some fantastic looking synoptics, in the last week, of this month. Two Thames Streamer events but snow didn't hang around for  long, as ground temps were too high, after a mild Winter, up to that point, plus 850 temps, weren't especially low.

And now, the last few days of Feb 2018, has produced, some great, late Winter, weather. Let's hope March 2018, continues, in the same vein!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fulham snow said:

Not sure about that,looks plenty more to come.

That’s my guessing, too.

Just slightly miffed that probably I'm in the only part of the uk with no snow

Just now, snowy weather said:

Yep. You?

No, my son is due to fly from there tomorrow morning. Would love for you to get some snow...but I also hope his flight isn't cancelled.

Streamers are funny things! It has been snowing in north Hamshire for a few hours - probably an extra couple of inches so far

1 minute ago, DonnaThw said:

That little ink blob on the radar in France looks like it will be here much earlier then expected 

watching that  with intrest are  the bbc wrong again!!

If I had a pound for the amount of times I’ve told friends and family to ignore their iPhone blimming weather forecast, I’d be a rich woman indeed.

But I’ll be honest, I wasn’t expecting this this evening!

i just hope the people who have missed out so far, have a good pasting within the next few days.

• Like 2

And we are back. 

Would be amazing if we get the 30cm of snow and not the West (I feel mean saying that but all fair in love and snow) 

• Like 1

Radar very ‘busy’ tonight, just won’t stop. Hopefully a fresh layer of snow overnight here that measures more than a cm.

• Like 2