Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

6 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

moderate snow shower consisting of small-medium flakes.

Same here in St Leonards-on-Sea at the moment. Nearby Herstmonceux is currently reporting a temperature of -5c and DP -7.6. The DP there dropped as low as -11c earlier this evening. Shiver me timbers.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Azores Hi said:

More easterly shift on showers evident now?

edit,- mean tracking more West!

Excellent news. If only that had happened in the last couple of hours haha

11 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

I absolutely guarantee you that as of 21:23 it is not snowing in Horley. A few scattered clouds and a big bright moon. 

Edit: and neither was it at 20:40!

Sorry! I merely commenting on the radar... No intention to jaffa cakes you off!

Edited by John Stevens
Correction

Light snow, medium sized flakes here in Mayfield. Nothing mentioned on bbc for here (there's a suprise considering their accuracy now) but 12z has snow over us for a good few hours

It does seem more westward shift on the radar. Hopefully those in the west that missed out today can get some ❄️👍

• Like 2

Benson is now down to -10.4c

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bevbrighton said:

Is Brighton out of the snow line tonight??

Steve Murrs thinks we are in with a shot , possibly 10.30/11pm fingers crossed 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

That purple shower near southend just kicked out a sferic! 

Sure did!

1E180C83-8E59-4F55-BBBD-049ED0AF62D0.png

2 minutes ago, Marie said:

Steve Murrs thinks we are in with a shot , possibly 10.30/11pm fingers crossed 👍

it might be running out of puff

35D40C31-C17B-4070-8806-8E7412AABBBA.thumb.png.fde41265e3a8858c57778a4fe8300c83.png

Just now, Steve Murr said:

it might be running out of puff

35D40C31-C17B-4070-8806-8E7412AABBBA.thumb.png.fde41265e3a8858c57778a4fe8300c83.png

Nooooo 😩😩

2 minutes ago, lewis028 said:

Sure did!

1E180C83-8E59-4F55-BBBD-049ED0AF62D0.png

Come on you little beeeeaaaaccch hit us....

Snowing in Heathfield now.

Temp up from -6.4C to -5.3C as cloud rolled in.

• Like 1

Much better organisation and oomph on that area of precip SE of Clacton now, and moving ENE to WSW

Not that I pay any attention to the iPhone weather app, but what model does it get its data from? It says snow for most of night for London which is obviously wrong. And similarly, BBC app says snow all day tomorrow. 

Edited by CrimsonSunset

1 minute ago, lewis028 said:

Thunder snow incoming? @Paul Sherman

C84425D3-36B7-4EDF-AFE7-6A458E3CC67F.png

Is it time for my Cantore Moment, gets ready to head to the MOD site in Wakering!

Looking at the 850mb streamlines, a rough guide for steering flow of showers, notice the shift from NEly to Ely occuring tonight - so hoepfully will see showers start to move inland across London area / Home Counties and Essex too through the night

GFSOPUK12_9_3.thumb.png.306e789506b1450f827193d926ee8a4f.pngGFSOPUK12_12_3.thumb.png.429200cca329d9509fe6bdb71962830f.pngGFSOPUK12_15_3.thumb.png.0ff097a935e0154d378eea652f40cf32.png

ARPEGE

VZtnGMbLUs.thumb.gif.9837b2031244b7d130590f2e0d65cce5.gif

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Much better organisation and oomph on that area of precip SE of Clacton now, and moving ENE to WSW

Yep, I'm keeping a close eye on that one as I could be in the game if it keeps north enough.  Interested to see if it keeps its intensity as it comes inland.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Stevens said:

Sorry! I merely commenting on the radar... No intention to jaffa cakes you off!

Ha, you didn't, trust me. Tongue firmly in my cheek. Feel free to use me as your sole Horley radar verification all night!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Marie said:

waiting for this before go to bed :)

• Like 1

945 radar - still on for brighton

im seriously looking at that Faversham streamer - coming up the A2 !

76AE050F-A7B5-46D7-984B-B09A855D82FB.thumb.png.73ae7ea63a19590607cbedc5e7fdf2ab.png

• Like 1