Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Decided today,no radar,no forums,no will it wont it,just let the weather do what its going to do. Reverse psychology! Didnt get much but better than nought.

It was quite nice not knowing when the snow was going to start or indeed stop.

Will do the same later in the week too,its much more fun imho!

DSC_0271.JPG

DSC_0270.JPG

Posted
1 minute ago, A Wintry Mix said:

This is forecast for 10pm on a app of mine,

Would be nice?

Thanet -0.3c

Screenshot_20180227-170919.png

Exactly as forecast ? and Friday now looks like an all day frontal snow event!!

• Like 2

Posted

Hi all. 

Anyone got an update for Friday? Heading up to Heathrow for a flight to Amsterdam early Saturday. Looking a bit touch and go? 

Thanks 

Edited by Ben Capee McInnes

Posted
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
1 hour ago, Snowy Bob said:

Got some light snow in Folky now. Be intriguing to see what happens later. If anything. 

Nice bunch of showers approaching.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Looking like these new showers are going to track the same as last night. Surrey seems to have missed out. Hey hum... We'll see and wait for Thursday

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ben Capee McInnes said:

Hi all. 

Anyone got an update for Friday? Heading up to Heathrow for a flight to Amsterdam early Saturday. Looking a bit touch and go? 

Thanks 

I wouldn’t want to touch and go in those conditions!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Looking out the upstairs window, is this orange snow approaching! Jaffa cakesed if I know! ?

39F9C11D-BDB5-47F2-B399-CCB861C188F1.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, bobbydog said:

i'm holbrook area. almost all the snow had melted by lunchtime and that last short shower turned everything white again! a couple of those heavy showers heading in from the north sea might have our name on them!

Oh I hope so

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I'm not overly enthusiastic about tonights potential.

Winds are only really favourable between 11pm-3am before they shift to a South-Easterly and the shower potential dies. Perhaps 2-5cm in lucky spots but certainly can't see anything significant. Still, it'll be nice to top up what we have 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Winds are only really favourable between 11pm-3am before they shift to a South-Easterly and the shower potential dies. Perhaps 2-5cm in lucky spots but certainly can't see anything significant. Still, it'll be nice to top up what we have 

You’d be less enthusiastic if you lived here! We only have a dusting and unlikely to get anything tonight.

Posted

Lovely batch  of showers bubbling up - regarding to where they land I learnt some really interesting last night from @Steve Murr  who offered some 700p " Vent  " wind charts and last night forecasted that nothing would head more SSW instead of SW until  around 09:00am Tuesday, that was actually what happened and slightly against the Met office forecast as it was last night.

So thanks for that - and can anybody far wiser than me review the latest 700p profile ( steering winds I  think they might also be called ) for tonight and  Wednesday Early am that will give a pretty good idea on where the delights bubbling up now will land I think.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS
1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Agree.

Think theres a 4 hr window for us & then its look forward to Friday.

Having said that bbc has heavy snow showers for me tmrow morning .

Screenshot_2018-02-27-17-30-55.png

• Like 1

Posted

Fairly heavy shower in Maidstone.  Small flakes but wind has picked up compared to this morning. Radar shows I'm in the right place again. Had almost 8" 20cm in the end today. All shrunk a bit when sun came out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Looks like some heavyish showers, heading towards the SE Essex/mid-Kent coast, in next hour or so.

https://www.buienradar.nl/

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Yes but all High Res models are showing a very chunky convergence zone where NE and SE winds meet, right above us, between those hours. So while not as long lasting as last night and this morning, certainly the potential to be significantly stronger. Add to that the lower temps tonight and you've got great potential. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, TSNWK said:

Lovely batch  of showers bubbling up - regarding to where they land I learnt some really interesting last night from @Steve Murr  who offered some 700p " Vent  " wind charts and last night forecasted that nothing would head more SSW instead of SW until  around 09:00am Tuesday, that was actually what happened and slightly against the Met office forecast as it was last night.

So thanks for that - and can anybody far wiser than me review the latest 700p profile ( steering winds I  think they might also be called ) for tonight and  Wednesday Early am that will give a pretty good idea on where the delights bubbling up now will land I think.

Indeed and look what those charts are showing right above us (as per my post above):

Screenshot 2018-02-27 17.37.20.png

Screenshot 2018-02-27 17.37.39.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

When your sister in law lives near Maidstone and sends pics of loads of snow but HATES snow and wants it to stop!!!!:nonono::sorry::wallbash: Salt in wound!!! (From dusty Epsom!)

Posted

Surely Friday should see some better action in East Berks/West London? 

Had the odd snow shower (Canary Wharf) since yesterday but nothing to write home about. Heavier one today which settled and stuck to stuff. It was like a white out and then clear!

Edited by hotsummer

Posted
3 minutes ago, seb said:

Indeed and look what those charts are showing right above us (as per my post above):

Screenshot 2018-02-27 17.37.20.png

Screenshot 2018-02-27 17.37.39.png

Thank you! if I'm reading the top one correct then some showers ( the ones nearer the  Suffolk coast  might well make a cheeky right around Ipswich and drift slowly down towards  NW Kent with the other ones for you in  Ashford.... :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Anyone on twitter should put there snow totals up on the netweather social radar. Follow the link from this tweet. Would be nice to have the SE plastered with red dots.

• Like 1