Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Light covering here (about as far West as you can get in this thread) so good news for our region.

• Like 1

The sun is now out in whitstable . Still a beautiful sight and lots of snow just hoping it remains until I collect little one from school as have sledge ready for some fun 

METO pulled back a little for the rest of the day, heavy snow not as often. To be honest I have no idea what is going to happen!

Temp has obviously gone down,as well as the dew point's,I have little icicles,not surprised in this weather,where it was dripping earlier,dont want any melting

1 minute ago, throwoff said:

METO pulled back a little for the rest of the day, heavy snow not as often. To be honest I have no idea what is going to happen!

I'm just sticking to the Dutch radar now mate,

Sun is out here in Ashford and we now have a rapid melt.

• Like 1

Snowing in Chafford Hundred now and has been for about an hour. I went for a run, and it was sunny when I left and I ended up battling through a complete whiteout lol 😆 nice covering though! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kent Blizzard said:

What we seeing at the moment?

at least 6in in my back garden in Sittingbourne, all the schools closed,, been snowing on and off all day, hope it stays

• Like 2

Just now, throwoff said:

What we seeing at the moment?

Bit of a lull for a while once this last lot goes across, plenty come out of Holland though for potential later this afternoon  Dutch Radar

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

It's snowing in Surbiton:) Heading off to Uxbridge shortly, so it will be interesting to see if those clouds over Heathrow have started to give some snow. 

They have. Moderate snow, with it blowing around on the road surface. Haven’t seen that for a few years! Sky looks very grey now, no blue sky at all. 

• Like 4

Heavy snow shower and blue sky and sunshine! How bizarre! 😳 Farnham, Surrey 

IMG_3275.JPG

Edited by paget

Right looks like its going to stop, so how strong is this sun then. Got about 15cm at the moment.

Woke up to about an inch here in Sevenoaks, then at about 10.30 the skies opened with proper snow, blizzard like conditions, maybe a couple of inches added to what was on the ground. Slowed a bit now but I understand my area of Kent is now in total chaos.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Surrey said:

@stainesbloke looks like it's surrey's turn to shine lol! Flow is changing and the fax look great later 

Haha, hope so! Be great to get in on the action. Some of the snow pics being posted are amazing, so lucky :)

3 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Waste of time, most of it won't get anywhere near us.

By the way, our region currently has (or had) severe weather warnings every day from Sunday last week to Saturday this week! Seven days on the spin! When was the last time that happened?

Been snowing quite hard in Reigate for an hour now.

• Like 2

Returning to Portsmouth tonight, meaning that I will join those in the amber warning zone for Thursday. 

Nice bit of snow in Raynes Park can’t remember when I last saw anything similar

• Like 1