Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
13 minutes ago, shotski said:

Just saw their forecast which was updated an hour  ago. They talk of heavy disruptive snow for the south east ???? What forecasts are you looking at. 

I live in the SE but they don’t show any disruptive snow on their app. Is it not due to be that bad in the SE now????

Posted
1 hour ago, CI Weather said:

Just early to the party will soon be joined by plenty more!

I just wish I share your optimism ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms

Right guys, thurs/ Friday looks interesting, -2 to -6  uppers, however cloud temp below and in will be lower and even with -2 uppers will still fall as snow, allbeit won’t be as powdery as the snow we are going to have Monday - Wednesday. Looks good!

ADE66686-4E3F-4D62-B361-3D826B86F08A.png

5AA818AD-CCDD-46AF-B724-6C3F15ED0D42.png

7F4301ED-D2A5-429F-BA8C-94245C93CC90.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

For this region, it does look likely we will see a Thames streamer develop, but in the opposite part of the region across Cambridgeshire and perhaps Hertfordshire it looks like the band of snow moving through on Tuesday could very well catch the NW corner of our region, both of these could deliver large ammounts of snow.

36h.gif   fax48s.gif

Also on Wednesday there will be a trough moving west from the north sea, this could again bring some more prolonged snow, more particularly in the north of the region. The Kent streamer will continue until late Wednesday.

fax60s.gif

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Thanks for your replies! Looks like he'll have to go straight to work after all! He will be most disappointed haha!  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

When those uppers start hitting. So will the showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
3 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

I live in the SE but they don’t show any disruptive snow on their app. Is it not due to be that bad in the SE now????

For the most accurate un-biased forecast Donna go onto the met office website and look at their video forecast ?? enjoy. 

Edited by shotski
  • Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Back from my honey and vanilla scented bath (sounds posh but it was wilkinsons cheap stuff) and find you lot have posted over 91 posts in the hour i've been gone, so i take it things are happening on the radar?

We all wish....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Storm That Lasts 3 Days
55 minutes ago, WeatherMoose said:

Be gutted if worthing gets nothing. The conditions are perfect, snow HAS to happen!

Same here, conditions are amazing but Brighton also doesn't seem that it will get good amount of snow (well, if it gets any) every forecast site shows different thing!!!

Posted
1 minute ago, Captain Shortwave said:

For this region, it does look likely we will see a Thames streamer develop, but in the opposite part of the region across Cambridgeshire and perhaps Hertfordshire it looks like the band of snow moving through on Tuesday could very well catch the NW corner of our region, both of these could deliver large ammounts of snow.

36h.gif

fax48s.gif

fax60s.gif

Liking the look of the convergence lines showing over the SE!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Ohhh..Very long time since being in here, Still thought best to pop in, My god the thread is "Alive". Quite rightly too, Epic Easterly in bound inanimately...As for snow well its not WHERE & IF its how much and i am confident everyone will have snow to shout about.....Enjoy the fun, End of the week could be very bad snow wise.

Hello Chaos......!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.
7 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

36h.gif   fax48s.gif

Also on Wednesday there will be a trough moving west from the north sea, this could again bring some more prolonged snow, more particularly in the north of the region. The Kent streamer will continue until late Wednesday.

fax60s.gif

Soo Matt, Where am I standing on your remark then, just annoyingly South right?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

My pond gets direct sunlight during the day and it has been frozen over for the last 3 days, the sun hasn't even come close to being able to melt it. Showers sparking up put in the North Sea now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold
1 minute ago, Roadrunner said:

I do keep an eye on the met office app just out of morbid curiosity and showing more or less sweet fanny adams for here snow wise over the next 3 days! Shocking! 

I love that you have used that term! The original Fanny Adams was an ancestor of mine!! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
1 minute ago, Stuie W said:

Soo Matt, Where am I standing on your remark then, just annoyingly South right?

I would advise the residents of Saffron Walden to set their hoovers to maximum suction. :rofl:

On a serious note, the track on that wave will change even at this range, it could come further south or north so fingers crossed is all I can say.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

My pond gets direct sunlight during the day and it has been frozen over for the last 3 days, the sun hasn't even come close to being able to melt it. Showers sparking up put in the North Sea now.

What’s in your pond mate ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
38 minutes ago, Rob said:

It concerns me the large variation with the BBC forecasts, they broadcast to the public and people follow them like they are gospel. The met office who used to supply the forecast data is showing quite a lot of snow here whilst BBC aren’t showing much. If Met Office have got this right then how can the BBC be trusted to inform the public whilst continuing with MeteoGroup?

I pointed this out the other day (in other words) on twitter and a BBC weather presenter liked it.