Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Just woke up and wow! I can see how heavy it is without any street lights. Chucking it down here in Maidstone. We seem to be in right place position for the showers. I apologise to everyone who hasn't got any. Must have an inch at least. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Flow is too North Easterly here - is this going to become more Easterly soon?

I wanted the Beast from the East, not his NE cousin!

Posted
5 minutes ago, The Whiteman said:

Just woke up and wow! I can see how heavy it is without any street lights. Chucking it down here in Maidstone. We seem to be in right place position for the showers. I apologise to everyone who hasn't got any. Must have an inch at least. 

Southend on the North side of the estuary and Maidstone on the South  seem to be in the sweet spots at the moment. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Have just come off the phone with the chief in Exeter and new warnings will be issued within the hour regarding Thursday/Friday. It is not good news if you're looking for a major snow event here in the South-East. They are going with a SW event mainly and indications are it won't get this far East now.

Short-term. The change of wind direction (NE to ENE or E) will now occur early afternoon which sadly is when the showers will start to loose their kick. However, there will be widespread shower activity over the London this morning.

Cheif was happy with current warnings in place for London, South-East and East Anglia so no change expected here.

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, essexweather said:

Have just come off the phone with the chief in Exeter and new warnings will be issued within the hour regarding Thursday/Friday. It is not good news if you're looking for a major snow event here in the South-East. They are going with a SW event mainly and indications are it won't get this far East now.

Short-term. The change of wind direction (NE to ENE or E) will now occur early afternoon which sadly is when the showers will start to loose their kick. However, there will be widespread shower activity over the London this morning.

Cheif was happy with current warnings in place for London, South-East and East Anglia so no change expected here.

Thats odd considering Met Offfice app has updated to heavy snow Thursday and Friday

00:00 03:00 06:00 09:00 12:00 15:00 18:00 21:00

Yellow warning 

Yellow warning — Snow

between Friday 00:05 and Friday 18:00See warning detail >

Overcast Overcast Cloudy Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow Light snow
20% 20% 20% 60% 70% 80% 60% 50%
0 ° 0 ° 0 ° 0 ° 0 ° 1 ° 1 ° 0 °
00:00 03:00 06:00 09:00 12:00 15:00 18:00 21:00

Yellow warning 

Yellow warning — Snow

between Friday 00:05 and Friday 18:00See warning detail >

Overcast Overcast Cloudy Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow Light snow
20% 20% 20% 60% 70% 80% 60% 50%
0 ° 0 ° 0 ° 0 ° 0 ° 1 ° 1 ° 0 °

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, cookie27 said:

that was website also

There will still be a band of snow pushing North through our area but noting to the extent of previous output. You're talking 2-5CM if that instead now.

If you've not seen the new 00Z UKMO and GFS, the low is further away than before. We do keep a colder flow with negative 850s but still too mild for my liking and temperatures back to 5C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers
1 hour ago, yamkin said:

Light snow here

I wss hoping for more then what we've had so far in South London, guess it's not going to be our time this time. Even a cm would have been nice, just dustings that have quickly melted so far

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, essexweather said:

There will still be a band of snow pushing North through our area but noting to the extent of previous output. You're talking 2-5CM if that instead now.

If you've not seen the new 00Z UKMO and GFS, the low is further away than before. We do keep a colder flow with negative 850s but still too mild for my liking and temperatures back to 5C.

Well they have swap and change about 20times in the past 24hrs,,so still plenty of time for it all to change

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

I haven't seen snow this heavy in years. Still coming down since 8pm last night. Just nipped outside and the snow in the road is nearly level with the top of the  curbs. Complete whiteout hear near maidstone.  Gonna be fun and games driving to work soon.  Kids are gonna love it. ☺

• Like 2

Posted

Woah ! Just had to let my pup outside for a pee and his legs disappeared in the snow ?❄️❄️