Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

next few days couldbe full of joy or a massive disappointment, heres hoping for the former.

• Like 1

Is there a chance we can split the thread? If a Thames Streamer does setup this place is going to go mental with all the London/Kent/Essex etc posters 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sparky68 said:

next few days couldbe full of joy or a massive disappointment, heres hoping for the former.

Due to the nature of showers/streamers some may be disappointed, some will be overjoyed. However I think you’d be very unlucky in our region to at least not get a cm or 2. 

This is a very interesting tweet from Judah

• Like 2

I don’t foresee much risk of disappointment. The snow is hours away now.

Temp 2.0

Dp -10.6

Maidstone.

Truly exceptional DPs coming in!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sparky68 said:

Well Mustafi has just screwed your chances of silverware up, so all in on the snow now 😂👍🏻❄️

Temp dropping slowly here 5.3 dewpoint -5.1

2 minutes ago, DoverSoul said:

Dover

Temp: 2

DP: -12

Holy.... Indeed the DPs are starting to fall HUGELY!

• Like 1

The GFS turning colder again later on:cold:

gfs-6-336.png?12

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, throwoff said:

Depends if you are a Maidstone United fan or not! I live in a world of disappointment!

Yeah the air is pretty dry at the moment with those very low dew points now coming in. Wonder how low these dew points are going to go tonight?

I'm done with the mentality of 'even just a cm or two will do - at least it's something' done with all that shizz, well and truly done - I want a big old dumping, and nothing less! Who's with me? :yahoo::rofl:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Is there a chance we can split the thread? If a Thames Streamer does setup this place is going to go mental with all the London/Kent/Essex etc posters 

Given that most places will get a couple of centimetres over the coming days then I think no one will be overly disappointed this time around. At the moment it looks like areas with 20 of the coast in general along with areas close to favourable spots for streamers. 

nmmuk-45-72-0.png?25-12

Wash/Thames look the best  to supply streamers but many locations with a shout of decent totals for snow and these charts will not be that accurate either.

• Like 2

Lovely to not have to worry about marginality for once. Surreal in fact. Well....until Friday. A whole 5/6 days of snow chances. What’s not to like.

• Like 2

whoever asked -

The Front on the UKMO would pass through as snow then turn to sleet on the back edge stalling over london ish ( midlands snow ) then push back SE

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, throwoff said:

Try living in Thanet lol!

• Like 2

Please don't split the thread or i'll be on my own:shok: 

1 minute ago, Ben Blizzard said:

I'm done with the mentality of 'even just a cm or two will do - at least it's something' done with all that shizz, well and truly done - I want a big old dumping, and nothing less! Who's with me? :yahoo::rofl:

With these amazing and rare Synoptics, I’d be gutted with 2cm. We got more than that with the slider!

• Like 1