Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Lots of fog around this morning and thawing. Definitely ready for some heat and storm season now.

Posted
42 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Hi, I find if I edit each one I want to post by just taking a teeny bit off them and then post that version it works ok. Weird but seems to work!

Same! Works a treat 

Posted
40 minutes ago, paget said:

I have found if you screenshot your photo and use that one it’s fine ?

Thanks! That’s even quicker 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Thick fog, slow thaw. Temp 1.4c. DP -1.1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Haven’t been able to enjoy the snow due too incredible strain at work unfortunately due to the weather , but it was still really nice to see. Hoping for a decent warm spell sometime in April now . This has indeed been an epic cold spell and one to remember, I am so glad my kids have had the opportunity to enjoy the snow for the first time in their lives ?.

• Like 3

Posted

From my perspective certainly not a classic winter - 2 to 3 days of any meaningful snowfall coming at the end saved it from being a complete bust but in the years to come it will of course always be remembered for the impact on Ireland especially - lucky blighters !

Posted

Drip drip drip started yesterday evening. I do find the sound satisfying, almost like winter moving out of the way for spring. Weather predicting low teens next week, I can dream!

Posted
6 minutes ago, cobbett said:

From my perspective certainly not a classic winter - 2 to 3 days of any meaningful snowfall coming at the end saved it from being a complete bust but in the years to come it will of course always be remembered for the impact on Ireland especially - lucky blighters !

I suppose it depends on perspective and how important is the snow. In my view it has been a classic winter in may ways : For depth of cold it certainly hits the mark, many day of deep cold, down to -15C where I live. 3 or 4 periods of snow. Almost a week of complete snow cover, Snow for 5 consecutive days . O.K. in came latter but it has been the most wintery winter for at least 6 years , possibly 8 /9 years so a once in a decade event.  I also look at minor effects on my life, not being able to exit the house on my bike, having to help out elderly neighbours with shopping, being at home with the kids as the schools are closed. That hasn't happened for 6 years so, not bad so far and although we are spring, the cold may just be retreating and could return in a week or two.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Blimey I didnt expect that quicker a melt.
Really has a lot gone already, reckon with tomorrows rain only the drifts will remain, very very sad.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Thick fog here this morning, classic sign of warmer air moving in. I say warmer, it’s 2C lol but the snow is slowly thawing. Not much dripping, not much wind either. Hopefully, we will see some sunshine soon. That was an interesting week, to see 3 consecutive ice days was remarkable, considering the time of year. Maybe we will see a run of colder winters start to appear? 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Two different perspectives from an imby perspective on 2018s beast from the East.

Firstly,SE London. Where I occasionaly stay due to work.

The best  prolonged cold and snowfall since 2010 here,although 2013 had a slightly greater snow depth.

Secondly,home on the SE coast.

Notable more for the depth of cold rather than decent snowfall, 2 inches a maximum depth.Highs of -2c in March and windchills of -8c.Longevity wise the best since 2010.

As far as a classic 'beast from the East' scenario goes it would be the best since 1991 imo.Although the results in my areas were not 'classic' they were exceptional for many parts of the Country.

I will leave you with a little friend that needed help in our frozen garden,they for one might be greatful for the earth to defrost again!

20180227_113010.jpg

Edited by sunnijim
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Thaw  here.2.6c Misty..

Nice while it lasted 

Back to Work nxt week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Watching the Beast dripping away outside in Epsom.... Just wanted to come back on here and thank you all for such a fun week! And another big THANK YOU to all the knowledable people in here that put such effort in to keep us all updated on what's happening when the professional forecasts leave us confused or are already out of date, lol! I really appreciate your input and what you have taught me!!

I feel a bit sad that it didn't quite deliver (imby) what I was hoping for out of this spell but glad to have seen more snow than all the last few winters put together and have had a little play, albeit desperate attempts to find just enough snow for a sledge, lol!

Happy to know that, despite the delay, Spring is on it's way and some much needed warmth!! I will be around on here but will definitely return properly again next Winter and hope it starts from where the other one left off!!:D

• Like 6

Posted
52 minutes ago, RichmondWeather said:

Drip drip drip started yesterday evening. I do find the sound satisfying, almost like winter moving out of the way for spring. Weather predicting low teens next week, I can dream!

Yes indeed the thaw is on! Every time I look out the window there's just a little less snow. :sorry: Good to see the Teddington snow shield was breached this cold spell, even if we were on the edge of the action for the most of the time. To far west for the easterly steamers too far west for the west country storm. :nea:Here's to a cracking summer with lots of t-storms! :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Rapid thaw overnight,virtually all of the 3cms has gone,lovely day so far,hope the rain holds off till dark,been absolutely brilliant this week,alright my snow depth was poor,but it was,still beautiful,now,its back to work,loved having time off,radar watching till the small hours,but im a self employed,1 man band taxi operation,and i've not earnt alot this week lol,have a great day guy's

Edited by snowrye
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Right it is time, I am locking this thread in a few minutes and a new thread will be opened.

New thread here;

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
14 hours ago, Ellozee said:

If I see more falling snow in March, in Deal, I'll buy you a beer/wine/non alcoholic beverage

That's a Deal then.. Dont have Me Dover...dont go Walmer we will never get that beer.. But we can get our folkestoned.. I'm losing snow cover hand over foot here... But some would say better than a**e over t*t... Hope you right mate.. Strange week.. :cold::)