Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Forgot to add. One thing I don’t recommend is trying to act like you’re 18 again, and “snowboard” on a sledge, down the steepest hill we could find. I went weeble over tit, and found bruises in places bruises shouldn’t be gained,! 

I have a feeling I’ll be walking like John Wayne tomorrow, but it’s been worth it. 

Will there be remnants tomorrow or is it set to thaw pretty sharpish?

• Like 1

Posted

This looks interesting...

855D4C15-A506-4FC4-992A-26974FBB904C.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Me too, I’m an outdoors person all year though, when it’s not raining. Don’t like being stuck indoors at all. My allotment keeps me busy all year. Hopefully a nice summer to enjoy, this year.

Iol.. I play football and i'll go visit family weekends, but during the week  I like being tucked away during the winter months.

What do you grow in your allotment?

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, c00ps said:

Radar says its rain, but the temp down there looks still to be at or below freezing!

Anyone from south coast confirm whether thats rain, freezing rain....or massive outside chance its snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Iol.. I play football and i'll go visit family weekends, but during the week  I like being tucked away during the winter months.

What do you grow in your allotment?

Hehe, a lot of people hibernate in winter. Do you play football every week? Who do you play for? 

Grow a mixture of fruit and vegetables on the plot, tend to grow stuff that’s more expensive in the shops, like tender stem broccoli, cherry tomatoes, apricots and then all the rest is stuff is stuff I love to eat

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
17 minutes ago, Southender said:

Haha, quality. 

Totally fab. Thanks for posting. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
9 minutes ago, c00ps said:

Yes been watching it all evening. Still below freezing here.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Radar says its rain, but the temp down there looks still to be at or below freezing!

Anyone from south coast confirm whether thats rain, freezing rain....or massive outside chance its snow?

Hmmm could change to snow over land, be interesting to hear if anyone down there gets anything 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
11 minutes ago, Southender said:

Haha, quality. 

Animals are fascinating and that dog is hilarious :rofl:

Posted
Just now, c00ps said:

image.thumb.png.dad9a5208413a1a90e17d41b4c6103f4.png

further east than planned 

Definitely sending some energy off to the East. next hour watching that radar  could be interesting and not just for tonight if that low is sending a shortwave east we will pull the colder Dew points and uppers back in, might get a bit more snow tomorrow, lets see what is does and what 18z says before declaring this spell over.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Storme said:

Yes been watching it all evening. Still below freezing here.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

-1.5 here in Farnham, 

dp - 2.2 

both rising, feels very cold still though! 

That blog should reach me about 12 by the radar, meto says sleet, bbc says heavy snow! 

Still hanging in there!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, stainesbloke said:

Hehe, a lot of people hibernate in winter. Do you play football every week? Who do you play for? 

Grow a mixture of fruit and vegetables on the plot, tend to grow stuff that’s more expensive in the shops, like tender stem broccoli, cherry tomatoes, apricots and then all the rest is stuff is stuff I love to eat

I grow food, too. The gr8 thing about severe cold is that it zaps slugs, though I'm a bit concerned for a female great crested newt that was on the prowl for food at night two weeks ago. Hope she got snug at the first hint of the beast.

• Like 1

Posted

Oh for god sake!! I thought it was all over, and I'd put myself in 2nd Jan mood.......but now it looks like I've gotta spend another night radar watching haha, I cant take any more surprises!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

The best reason for growing your own is the fabulous taste that you never get with shop brought produce. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, Come rain snow or shine said:

I grow food, too. The gr8 thing about severe cold is that it zaps slugs, though I'm a bit concerned for a female great crested newt that was on the prowl for food at night two weeks ago. Hope she got snug at the first hint of the beast.

Do you have a plot too, or grow at home? Hope the newt is ok, never seen one! Do the slugs get killed by the cold? Hope so lol. Another critter I’d like to see gone is the false widow spider, numbers here have just exploded in the last few years. I like our native spiders but those can do one!!

Posted
8 minutes ago, pages said:

image.thumb.png.dad9a5208413a1a90e17d41b4c6103f4.png

further east than planned 

Definitely sending some energy off to the East. next hour watching that radar  could be interesting and not just for tonight if that low is sending a shortwave east we will pull the colder Dew points and uppers back in, might get a bit more snow tomorrow, lets see what is does and what 18z says before declaring this spell over.

It's a spin off, mini low, i think, judging by the pressure charts. Hope it contimues east and deepens. That would be more than fun.

Edited by Come rain snow or shine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

It's rain,temps slowly on the rise

Posted
Just now, stainesbloke said:

Do you have a plot too, or grow at home? Hope the newt is ok, never seen one! Do the slugs get killed by the cold? Hope so lol. Another critter I’d like to see gone is the false widow spider, numbers here have just exploded in the last few years. I like our native spiders but those can do one!!

At home. Lots of newts here.  Yes, cold kills slugs. I reckon i got bitten by a false widow spider 2 years ago. Talk about painful. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, seaside 60 said:

The best reason for growing your own is the fabulous taste that you never get with shop brought produce. 

So true! The taste is so different. My carrots, for example, are just ‘fragrant’, so different to watery supermarket produce. Plus I know no chemicals have touched my food.

• Like 3